What's new

AC66u and Android Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've had this issue in the past. It's related to the power-save mode (APSD). Usually, the mobile device doesn't implement it or even support it at all (or more rarely, the router if it's an old Netgear).

On most Android phones the advanced wifi settings have a power-save setting. Turn that off first, as most modern routers with APSD will auto-detect devices with power-save turned off.
If you can find the power-save options in the router settings, try changing the settings for "WMM APSD" to disabled. The actual problem is likely to be the mobile device not properly supporting APSD.

Thanks for this. Have an HTC One (week old, love the phone) that is trouble-free except that when I leave it on overnight, it will drop the wifi connection until the phone wakes, then it jumps right back on.

I have an N66u. Flashed to 3.0.0.4.374_257 and it got a lot better but last night/this AM I got up and sure enough, it was off the wifi.

I set Enable WMM APSD under "Professional" to DISABLE and hope this solves my problem!

Thanks again.

-kj-

EDIT: didn't help. Phone dropped signal within a few minutes just sitting on my desk. Good news is with the setting back on the default, it's connected, and will only probably be a problem overnight. Wondering if the Network Key Rotation Interval might be the culprit. Hmmmmm...

Last edited:
That setting was added in the last 2 or 3 firmware versions, I forgot which exact release. It's only available on the 2.4 GHz band.

3.0.0.4.374_130 AP mode does not show this option on the 2.4 GHz band on my AC66u unit.

Edit:

But I shows on my 3.0.0.4.270 Media bridge unit and is off.

Edit 2:

Actually is shows on both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz band on the media bridge, so I feel it's not that well tested GUI and the reason there is no Wireless tab in the media bridge mode.

Last edited:
sry for bumping this thread... but I fixed this issue by enable QoS which disables hardware acceleration. now my wlan is blazing fast. :) :)

sry for bumping this thread... but I fixed this issue by enable QoS which disables hardware acceleration. now my wlan is blazing fast. :) :)

Hardware acceleration can also be disabled under LAN -> Switch Control.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!