What's new

ac68u FW378.53 no 5mhz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elvis7

Occasional Visitor
After updating to the 378.53 merlin firmware, my 5mhz channel no longer works, and none of my device can see it even though the router says it's broadcasting. Any ideas? a reset and changing settings did not solve the issue. Even in the router's site survey page, it does not see the network.

The reason I upgraded firmware was because the previous firmware was causing the router to stop allocating ip addresses and other issues due to the router being plugged into a Bell modem/router..

tried 378.52.2 and 5mhz still not showing up. factory reset didn't work. now on the asus fw 3.0.0.4.378_4850 and the 5mhz is working. guess merlin might have some bugs in his code 0.O

I'm running RMerlin 378.53 on several RT-AC68U routers for different customers. No issues.

Your environment and or devices may be the issue, if it isn't the router hardware itself.

I think you meant 5 GHZ not MHZ. I have been using 53 since it's release with no issues as stated something in your environment might be at play. I would do a full WPS button factory reset and try again.

yeah I tried everything, and the only fix was to install the asus fw, ill try porting back to merlin in a few days and update you all.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!