What's new

AC86u Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bubobih

Regular Contributor
Hello i have a little problem to indetify my router... on back side router say its ac86u r1.5

when i go to ssh (username and pass from my web login) and type "cat /proc/cpuinfo" i get this

8AdcXynrTr6XgWdN7mdBGQ.jpeg

im now confused no cpu name no nothing....

also when i type "nvram get clkfreq" i dont get anything

Hello i have a little problem to indetify my router... on back side router say its ac86u r1.5

when i go to ssh (username and pass from my web login) and type "cat /proc/cpuinfo" i get this

8AdcXynrTr6XgWdN7mdBGQ.jpeg

im now confused no cpu name no nothing....

also when i type "nvram get clkfreq" i dont get anything

The kernel simply doesn't report this information, I don't see what's the problem.

I was think that is chinese copy or something. Beacuse i get i ceap for 100e brand new packed. But i dont see many improvment from ac66u

But i dont see many improvment from ac66u

Depends what you were expecting and what your clients are using. If all your wireless clients are single or double stream, you will see very little difference in wifi performance. However the RT-AC86U will totally blow the RT-AC66U away when it comes to WAN performance with speeds higher than 100 Mbps, USB disk sharing and VPN performance.

I see i have optic fiber 200/100 but i dont see some difference... Maybe my ping get better but very little... Also all other things are pretty much same except 2.4ghz wifi is slower on ac86u. Uload speed limit is 30mbps and on 66u was over 45.

Also i get new router just beacuse i was think that will be included bandwitch limiter for guest networks... Also did anyone know what mean r1.5. i cant find that revision and that is wroted on back of the router.

EDIT: how to know cpu speed here if there is no information about it?

Last edited:
Also i get new router just beacuse i was think that will be included bandwitch limiter for guest networks... Also did anyone know what mean r1.5. i cant find that revision and that is wroted on back of the router.

EDIT: how to know cpu speed here if there is no information about it?

it dual core 1.8ghz cpu did you not read the specs on asus before buying it? like merlin said wan/vpm/usb/qos performance will blow the 66u away. everything else is be about the same. I have 66u and will get this router at some point simply for the wan and qos performance

Is there any expetation or any script that can enable to limit guest network per user?