What's new

Access modem in bridged mode from R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

facboy

New Around Here
hi,

i'm trying to follow this: https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/...raw_iptables_variant_required_for_pppoe_setup

i'm running Voxel's firmware on an R7800, it was easy enough to do the above on LEDE (and earlier, gargoyle on my WNDR3700), but i'm struggling with the R7800 and the stock(ish) firmware.

i managed to get a second ip address assigned to ethwan, but all the chains are named differently to what the OpenWRT wiki says and I'm not sure which corresponds to which.

Depending on mfr and model# of modem, some modems, when in bridge mode, loose there access to the UI. You'll need to contact the Mfr of this modem and find out if the modems web page is still accessible when in bridge mode. Bridge mode on modems means the router, wifi and gateway is disabled, so the public IP address that your ISP gives you gets passed thru the modem to the R7800 router. Usually when modems are in Bridge mode, there isn't any need to access it's features since there are mostly disabled. Contact your ISP or the modems Mfr and ask about this.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!