What's new

RT-AX88U Pro - How to access 4G bridged modem GUI in Dual WAN setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mando

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I recently bought a Netgear LM-1200 to be used for Dual WAN failover on my AX88U Pro. Configuring the device itself was easy, I connected the LAN port to my laptop and browsed to 192.168.5.1 (default IP) to set everything up. The LM-1200 LTE modem is in Bridge Mode by default which is what I wanted so I left it like that (because I want IP Passthrough).

However after hooking it up to my AX88U Pro and enabling Dual WAN in failover mode I can't connect to the admin interface.

After doing a traceroute to 192.168.5.1 from my laptop I noticed hop 1 is the router & then hop 2 is the Primary WAN gateway. So my AX88U Pro doesn't know how to route the packets meant for 192.168.5.1. It's just being sent to the active WAN (primary) instead of LAN Port 4 where the 4G modem is connected to (secondary) which makes sense since that IP is not in its routing table because of the bridged mode.

However I don't have any idea on how to fix this since my networking knowledge on routing is very limited...

In short:
  • The router is configured to use 192.168.100.0/23 internally
  • The 4G modem uses 192.168.5.1 for the admin interface
  • Router is set up in Dual WAN mode in failover mode
  • The 4G modem is secondary WAN (hot-standby) & is connected to LAN 4 port while my broadband is primary WAN & is connected to the WAN port
How can I access the bridged 4G modem web interface connected to the LAN 4 port on 192.168.5.1 while my devices are in 192.168.100.0/23 ? I just need to access the interface once in a while for statistics so even if I have to SSH to the router & enter commands manually every time then so be it...

Thanks.

Last edited:
  • The router is configured to use 192.168.100.0/23 internally
Not directly related to your question, but don't use this subnet. It conflicts with the address range used by the router's first 2.4GHz guest network (192.168.101.0/24).

Not directly related to your question, but don't use this subnet. It conflicts with the address range used by the router's first 2.4GHz guest network (192.168.101.0/24).
Thanks for the advice but I don't really have a need for Guest networks & been using this subnet for years since my AC86U without any issues. :)

I would expect you’ll need to define a static route via the secondary WAN ip (gateway) if it’s always alive and accessable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!