What's new

Access Point issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Abea

New Around Here
Main router is a RT N66U, secondary wireless router (access point) is a TP-Link Archer 7 AC1750.

When logging in, if the access point router (AP) is connect to the main router the computer will not connect to the internet, the AP does connect via wireless as I can check with my phone.

If I unplug the AP cable from the main router and reboot, the computer can connect to the internet. At this point I can plug in the AP cable and all works well until the next reboot.

On the AP, DHCP is unchecked and I am using 192.168.1.99.

Any thoughts where the conflict is would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Did you connect the network cable to a LAN port of the AP (TP-Link)? Connecting to the WAN port will give issues in your set-up.

I have seen that article, and I believe that is how mine is setup except for the 192.168.2. Also not sure what this actually means IP address of 192.168.2.1, 192.168.2.X (1<X<254)

My main router is 192.168.1...., not sure that I can change it to 192.168.2....

Thanks!

I fixed the problem by changing the main router to the address of 192.168.1.9 to 192.168.1.254 and then the AP router to an address of 192.168.1.2. I did not have to do this with the old AP router, not sure why the difference, but it works.

Thanks!