What's new

Adaptive QoS on 5G connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

peevesillinois

New Around Here
Hello!
I'm using a RT-AX58U V2 that is being fed with a 5G-connection through a bridged ZTE-router. Most times I get about 500 Mbit/s download and 20 Mbit/s upload. Bad times I'm in the low 40 Mbit/s. The main question is whether Adaptive QoS is applicable under this circumstances? I read somewhere that the router continuously is supposed to check the current connection speed and adapt QoS accordingly, but I would like to know more about this. How often does is check, every second, minute, hour, day?

Also, regarding the QoS-categories. how to identify what a certain activity is categorized as? Let's take Microsoft Teams and Slack as two examples, which are key during working from home. Would they fall under Video & Audio streaming, Working-from-home or Learning-from-home? It's tricky to set prio correctly. If it even matters at all.

Thanks!

Best / P.