What's new

Add HDD to Asus Smart Sync

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

b0gd4n

Occasional Visitor
Hey there.

First post here.

I have a Asus AC68U running the merlin build and I have a 1TB HDD attached to the usb3 port.

It works perfectly through the AICloud as well as the Download Master thing, however, I wanted to add the disk to the Asus Smart Sync thing.
I wanted to use the disk as a Sync cloud, just like Dropbox.

I enabled the Smart Sync option in the AICloud section, and logged in with my new SmartSync account, but whenever I access the Smart Sync account I see that I only have 5GB associated to it.

How do I add the HDD to this account?

Thank you in advance!

common guys, isn't there a way to extend your Asus storage with an external HDD added to the router?

You can't. Asuswebstorage is the space they give on their web service. Smart Sync is merely a way to keep a folder on your HDD automatically synced with their web service.

If you want more *online* storage, you need to buy it, or have an Asus product that includes additional storage space (like they give with some of their tablets/laptops). Just like any other file locker service.

You can't. Asuswebstorage is the space they give on their web service. Smart Sync is merely a way to keep a folder on your HDD automatically synced with their web service.

If you want more *online* storage, you need to buy it, or have an Asus product that includes additional storage space (like they give with some of their tablets/laptops). Just like any other file locker service.

ooh, that sucks :(

so there isn't some other way of making the router into a personal cloud?

ooh, that sucks :(

so there isn't some other way of making the router into a personal cloud?

Depends what you want to do. To me, "personal cloud" implies your files remain on your USB disk, and are remotely accessed while outside of home. That's what AiCloud does.

Depends what you want to do. To me, "personal cloud" implies your files remain on your USB disk, and are remotely accessed while outside of home. That's what AiCloud does.

What I want is something similar to dropbox. So, for example, smartphone photos cloud upload?

What I want is something similar to dropbox. So, for example, smartphone photos cloud upload?

Look into AiCloud. I don't know if it allows uploading through their smartphone application.