What's new

add public sap to network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

golf18

New Around Here
Hi can anyone help with this question?

i have a wired network for a small club that has a DLink router, with wireless turned off, through 24 Port Dynamode SWG240010-R Gigabit 10/100/1000 19" Rackmount Network Switch and cat5 cabled through the building.
i have been asked to provide wireless access for members in 1 room, there is a spare network point i can use. i would need to only allow internet access and block access to other parts of the network.

any help and advice would be appreciated

Last edited:
Hi can anyone help with this question?

i have a wired network for a small club that has a DLink router, with wireless turned off, through 24 Port Dynamode SWG240010-R Gigabit 10/100/1000 19" Rackmount Network Switch and cat5 cabled through the building.
i have been asked to provide wireless access for members in 1 room, there is a spare network point i can use. i would need to only allow internet access and block access to other parts of the network.

any help and advice would be appreciated
Several ways, Not knowing the model, age or feature set of the dlink more info is needed. A router that can have vlans on different ports is one quick answer, maybe DMZ, put all the company stuff on vlan0 and make a vlan1 that cannot see vlan0. The switch you mention has nothing in it's specs for vlan's so thats out.
Depending on your wan you could stick in a 4 port switch between say a cable modem, switch, your dlink router and put that one rooms RJ45 port into that first switch outside the cable modem, then stick a router in that room. Most cable modems ISP's generaly allow more than one device.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!