What's new

Advice on buying new router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

None of this needs or will ever reach 2.5GbE speeds including everything connected to the second router. If you insist - RT-AX86U Pro, takes less space, Asuswrt 5.0 compatible and matching the firmware on your main router. Connected wired or wireless - won’t make any difference in user experience on the devices you plan to you it with. You are overpaying for hardware.
Well thanks for your advice. $100-$200 doesn’t mean very much to me as a savings and whatever second router I end up with will be lasting a long time so a little extra performance may be appreciated. If I wanted to save $$, could just reuse my old rt5300 or several older apple routers collecting dust!
Meanwhile, what an upgrade and $$ savings from xfinity. I hope sonic grows and grows so more folks can enjoy the speed and savings plus the fact that they hire/train mostly local Americans of all colors that speak English well! The fellow who installed my fibre was on the job only 3 weeks and his trainer supervised the entire job!

In this case get a second GT-AX6000 for node. AiMesh works best with identical devices and wired.
Thats what i was starting to think. Difference in money is small. Its not like this class of router is in the $400-$700 range. Amazon prime days starting tomorrow and will be watching. If sale numbers are tiny, can always reuse rt5300 right now and wait for black thursday!