What's new

AI mesh crippled by latest AX10000 Pro firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Based on my just having a GT-AX6000 and an RP-AX58, can I make a simple observation? On the rare occasions that my router is fully rebooted, my AiMesh node has to be kept powered down until the router has determined that it can use the upper 5GHz channels, otherwise the mesh will invariably connect to the router on the 2.4GHz channel!

Have done this and other troubleshooting suggestions and combinations but at this point it is apparent that the only thing causing this is something they have done to the recent firmwares.

But thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Hello, I have the same problem with my ax-11000. I am in 388.8 beta1 and since then I have been blocked both in wifi and wired at 600-700mbps. My ISP provides me 1Gbps. If I test my connection without my ax-11000 I get 930mbps. When I connect the Asus and do a Speedtest, I am again limited to 700mbps. I have already tried a factory reset and install the default settings but still the same block.

Hello, I have the same problem with my ax-11000. I am in 388.8 beta1 and since then I have been blocked both in wifi and wired at 600-700mbps. My ISP provides me 1Gbps. If I test my connection without my ax-11000 I get 930mbps. When I connect the Asus and do a Speedtest, I am again limited to 700mbps. I have already tried a factory reset and install the default settings but still the same block.
Your problem is not the same as the one being discussed in this thread. This thread is about the physical link speed of the wireless backhaul between an AiMesh router and an AiMesh node. It is not about the internet speed.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!