What's new

AiCloud cant change port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wuyanxu

Regular Contributor
Hi there, proud new owner of RT-AC68u here. I had been a DD-WRT user since my WRT54GS. I had been a Linksys + DD-WRT user right up to the AC68 purchase, it's also my first 802.11ac router. I describe myself as competent user with a little networking and scripting knowledge.

I’m running 376.45 of Asuswrt-Merlin build, I’ve got all other features working:
- Port forwarding: 80, 443, 5006, 5001 to my Synology NAS
- VPN PPTP server
- Adblocking by script modifying host file
- Transmission client
- DDNS not on the list so updating via scheduled wget script
- Scheduled reboot
- UPnP is disabled

Now, AiCloud.

I’ve changed its port to 8084 because 443 are used by my NAS. However the iPhone app can’t connect to the router. Looking at router web management -> system logs -> port forward page, the port doesn’t appear to be open.

A port scan via external website shows only 80, 81, 443, 1723, 5006, 5001, 8002 are open. (8002 is HTTPS external access to the router’s web management, 1723 is VPN) 81 is lighttpd, I'm still tweaking redirection, where the router will serve up a static page, and /photo/ takes you to the NAS.

Rather stupidly, the AiCloud app doesn’t allow you to connect to local address. Browsing to 192.168.5.1:8084 or 443 doesn’t get anything.

(I run my network at 192.168.5.x for legacy reasons, all shortcuts and links across LAN are in that subnet to avoid conflict when I had multi-router configuration back when I was at university. This Asus router is now the sole router in my network configuration now in my house, all others are switches. )

I suspect my AiCloud settings are completely broken. Is there any way to reset its settings without resetting everything else?

Alternatively, is it worth trying to forward port 8084 to 443 on the router? Is there a HTTPS webpage at https://192.168.5.1:443 for AiCloud? The web management suggests there is, but The fact I can’t see anything tells me this isn’t worth trying?

Finally, all I want is access to WOL and router status remotely. Does the first toggle for smart file access also need to be on? I tried with both options turned on and there’s no difference.

I have solved it:

1. write down all my settings
2. do a factory reset
3. restore all my settings
4. change AiCloud ports first
5. then enable AiCloud

This time while on wifi the app picked up the router and automatically entered the correct port.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!