What's new

AiMesh problems with ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51925 and ASUS RT-AC66U B1 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51685

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

galapogos01

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

I recently updated firmware on my router and node to get the latest security fixes:

ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51925
ASUS RT-AC66U B1 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51685

The router no longer shows the node in the admin screen and the node says it can not connect to the router. If I try to add the node it can be found and starts to add but then fails. The node is left searching for the router (indicating the router is somehow not allowing connection).

I downgraded to ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51915 and ASUS RT-AC66U B1 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51668 and re-added the node and it worked fine.

I have tried both wired & wireless.

Has anyone else had trouble with the above firmware versions and AiMesh?

Thanks,
Jason

I downgraded the RT-AC86U router to Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51915 (leaving the ASUS RT-AC66U B1 on Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51685) and the AC66U_B1 node came back.

There is some compatibility problem with the AiMesh security update in ASUS RT-AC86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_51925.

Last edited:
Both routers are End-of-Life. Your chances for future firmware fixes are very slim. Use whatever works now, upgrade the routers whenever you can.

Both routers are End-of-Life. Your chances for future firmware fixes are very slim. Use whatever works now, upgrade the routers whenever you can.
:( Software support sucks hey. The hardware is fine, AC speeds are more than sufficient for a home network. Just puts perfectly working hardware in landfill.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!