What's new

amtm amtm 4.9.2 - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu, October 20, 2024

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amtm 4.9.2 is now available

What's new

- Rewrote the lc Dynamic LED control portion.
This now uses the Geographic coordinate system instead of a location code by weather.com to set the dynamic sunrise/sunset time.
After updating amtm it is required that dynamic LED lc be setup new with coordinates.

Please read new instructions when setting up dynamic LEDs.
Location coordinates can be obtained from google maps/earth by pointing at your location and copy and paste the complete longitude and latitude code.
For example, the complete latitude and longitude coordinates for Lucerne, Switzerland are 47.05048,8.30635.
Obviously, the above coordinates are not my (thelonelycoder) exact location where I coded this all!
Do not post your coordinates here - or anywhere else for that matter - or you might be visited by some freak asking for a beer!

Your coordinates will fetch a months worth of sunset/sunrise data from the sunrisesunset.io API at a time, while additional location data is fetched from openstreetmap.org to confirm your location selection.

- Added openstreetmap.org and sunrisesunset.io to shared amtm whitelist.
- Known issue: All hopelessly outdated Mipsel based routers will throw errors if the required Entware package jq (v1.6) is from Maurers repository. Use The Entware original jq (v1.5) if you must.

Last edited:
Awesome! Updated remotely and haven't looked at logs and such, but both installed and updated times properly.

Awesome! Updated remotely and haven't looked at logs and such, but both installed and updated times properly.
There’ll be two cron jobs to set the leds on/off and one to set the times for the current day at 10 past midnight.
It’ll fetch a new set of sunset/sunrise times automatically once it runs out of stored days after a month.

Works like a champ! I wouldn't have expected anything less from @thelonelycoder! Thanks.

Code:
 Dynamic LED control set for coordinates
 43.21318,-75.36683
 in Town of Floyd, Oneida County, New York, United States.

Code:
in Luzern, Schweiz/Suisse/Svizzera/Svizra.
Code:
in เชียงใหม่, ป่าแดด, อำเภอสารภี, จังหวัดเชียงใหม่, 55520, ประเทศไทย.
Nice that openstreetmap.org returns the location in the local language(s). Switzerland has four official languages - German, French, Italian and Romansh.

Code:
 43.21318,-75.36683
 in Town of Floyd, Oneida County, New York, United States.
We both live near a military airport.

We both live near a military airport.
The military base was closed several years ago, but airport is now non-commercial county airport for private and business planes.

Thank you @thelonelycoder for updating amtm with this new version of the lc (LED) script control.

On an unrelated topic, I previously had the amtm email function working (for the last couple of years) through Outlook.com (MS/Hotmail), but Microsoft recently fully cutoff access to mail sending/relaying for apps that aren't using OAuth2: any suggestions for workarounds that don't involve migrating to Gmail as my relay? I don't use two-factor authentication, and am thus also locked out from using the Gmail workaround "app passwords" setting. Perhaps others can share their experiences and suggestions here.

Thank you @thelonelycoder for updating amtm with this new version of the lc (LED) script control.

On an unrelated topic, I previously had the amtm email function working (for the last couple of years) through Outlook.com (MS/Hotmail), but Microsoft recently fully cutoff access to mail sending/relaying for apps that aren't using OAuth2: any suggestions for workarounds that don't involve migrating to Gmail as my relay? I don't use two-factor authentication, and am thus also locked out from using the Gmail workaround "app passwords" setting. Perhaps others can share their experiences and suggestions here.
Create a second Gmail account, enable 2FA, and then create an "app password".

Thanks for the updated lc function. It works great, but I forgot to enter a minus in front of the longitude and ended up with a setting for somewhere in China 🤣:

in 库车市 كۇچار شەھىرى, ئاقسۇ ۋىلايىتى - 阿克苏地区, 新疆维吾尔自治区 شىنجاڭ ئۇيغۇر ئاپتونوم رايونی

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!