What's new

amtm amtm LED Control Dynamic Time Update Issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

visortgw

Very Senior Member
Is anyone else seeing recent issues the Dynamic time update within amtm's LED control utility? For whatever reason, the times are defaulting to 06:00 and 17:00.

Thanks!

Hi.
I am getting wrong time too even location is stored OK.
I changed to static.

One of the users reported that the Sydney location ASXX0112 returns the wrong times. I just tested it and it works fine.
Can you gals and guys post the location codes that supposedly does not work?
Thanks

One of the users reported that the Sydney location ASXX0112 returns the wrong times. I just tested it and it works fine.
Can you gals and guys post the location codes that supposedly does not work?
Thanks
13440 or 13441.

@thelonelycoder: I forgot earlier to welcome you back "home"! I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed the non-business portions of your trip — you deserve a break every now and then.

Last edited:
@visortgw , @thelonelycoder :

Does the recent Entware update affect this issue?
Not at all. The lc script extracts the sunrise and sunset time from the weather.com website by using a grep command:
Code:
srise=$(grep 'Sun Rise' "$tmpfile" | grep -oE '((1[0-2]|0?[1-9]):([0-5][0-9]) ?([Aa][Mm]))' | tail -1)
sset=$(grep 'Sun Rise' "$tmpfile" | grep -oE '((1[0-2]|0?[1-9]):([0-5][0-9]) ?([Pp][Mm]))' | tail -1)
If you look at the source code of your location https://weather.com/weather/today/l/<your location code> and search for 'Sun Rise' you'll find the two times a bit further along with e.g 6.02 am and the pm time for the sunset.

@thelonelycoder: I forgot earlier to welcome you back "home"! I hope that you thoroughly enjoyed the non-business portions of your trip — you deserve a break every now and then.
I had the fortune to hike all of Wire Pass and each a large part of the Paria and Buckskin Gulch slot canyons. The photo is in the latter. It was hot hot and therefore had it almost completely to myself. No flash floods fortunately, but it rained on two days. These are magical places to me.

84jdclpex94.jpg

I had the fortune to hike all of Wire Pass and each a large part of the Paria and Buckskin Gulch slot canyons. The photo is in the latter. It was hot hot and therefore had it almost completely to myself. No flash floods fortunately, but it rained on two days. These are magical places to me.

84jdclpex94.jpg
@thelonelycoder, aka the Lonely Explorer!

All working fine for me now, too! I guess it was a glitch with weather.com, as I originally suspected:)

Still not working for me from Perth ASXX0089 (and same for Mount Lawley Perth Metro ASXX0089 and South Perth ASXX1320)

However, unlike previously the script now pulls sunrise time correctly but sets a random value for sunset time.

The source code for https://weather.com/weather/today/l/ASXX0089 does have the correct times for both sunrise (currently 6:56 am) and sunset (currently 5:47 pm), but somehow the script is grepping 8:00 pm (which looks to be the last update time for a feature on that page about some tropical storm over Japan).

Still not working for me from Perth ASXX0089 (and same for Mount Lawley Perth Metro ASXX0089 and South Perth ASXX1320)

However, unlike previously the script now pulls sunrise time correctly but sets a random value for sunset time.

The source code for https://weather.com/weather/today/l/ASXX0089 does have the correct times for both sunrise (currently 6:56 am) and sunset (currently 5:47 pm), but somehow the script is grepping 8:00 pm (which looks to be the last update time for a feature on that page about some tropical storm over Japan).
Finally got one with ASXX0089. Let me figure this out.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online