What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@thelonelycoder - you may want to clarify that menu option 8 'ntpMerlin NTP Daemon' is not available on MIPS powered devices.

Reboot scheduler now uses the "service reboot" command instead of "reboot" (only applies when setting a new schedule)
Is this something we should all be using? So far, I've been leaving my router untouched for weeks as long as everything is working as it should.

Is this something we should all be using? So far, I've been leaving my router untouched for weeks as long as everything is working as it should.
Is it an RT-AC68U? I never have cause to reboot mine, except after firmware updates. I’d say keep on as you are; if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Is it an RT-AC68U? I never have cause to reboot mine, except after firmware updates. I’d say keep on as you are; if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
I'm using an ASUS RT-AC5300. I think I'll keep on as well. Thanks.

No, it was a requested feature as I recall. I've never needed/used a scheduled reboot for either my AC3200 or AC86U. There probably are some use cases where it's needed/desirable, but you'd likely know it if you did.

No, you would know if you have to reboot the router on a regular basis for whatever reason it's necesary for.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there anyway to test out if my Diversion is working correctly? like an specific URL? or where can one view the HOST files/URLs that Diversion is blocking?

According to "Use" - "Features" section, https://diversion.ch/diversion/use/features.html, there is an option - "Supports a blacklist and wildcard-blacklist for individual domains to be blocked that are not covered by the blocking file". I would like to know how do I include my own list of about 90 entries/URLs in Diversion?

I want to block these:
- Amazon Fire TV Updates
amzdigital-a.akamaihd.net
amzdigitaldownloads.edgesuite.net
softwareupdates.amazon.com
updates.amazon.com
d1s31zyz7dcc2d.cloudfront.net
montoya-ota
bueller-ota

- HOSTS
www.google-analytics.com
www.googleadservices.com
www.googletagservices.com
www-google-analytics.l.google.com
video-stats.video.google.com
video-ad-stats.googlesyndication.com
tpc.googlesyndication.com
tpcnc.googlesyndication.com
ssl.google-analytics.com
pagead.l.google.com
pagead2.googlesyndication.com
partner.googleadservices.com
partnerad.l.google.com
google-analytics.com
googleads.g.doubleclick.net
googleads2.g.doubleclick.net
googleadservices.com
googlesyndication.com
googletagmanager.com
gg.google.com
analytics.google.com
afs.googlesyndication.com
adservice.google.com
ads.google.com
112.2o7.net

- Ads Filter
adsense.com
adblade.com
207.net
247realmedia.com
2mdn.net
2o7.net
33across.com
abmr.net
adbrite.com
adbureau.net
adchemy.com
addthis.com
addthisedge.com
admeld.com
admob.com
adsonar.com
advertising.com
afy11.net
aquantive.com
atdmt.com
atwola.com
channelintelligence.com
cmcore.com
coremetrics.com
crowdscience.com
decdna.net
decideinteractive.com
doubleclick.com
doubleclick.net
esomniture.com
fimserve.com
flingwebads.com
foxnetworks.com
googleadservices.com
googlesyndication.com
google-analytics.com
gravity.com
hitbox.com
imiclk.com
imrworldwide.com
insightexpress.com
insightexpressai.com
intellitxt.com
invitemedia.com
leadback.com
lindwd.net
mookie1.com
myads.com
netconversions.com
nexac.com
nextaction.net
nielsen-online.com
offermatica.com
omniture.com
omtrdc.net
pm14.com
quantcast.com
quantserve.com
realmedia.com
revsci.net
rightmedia.com
rmxads.com
ru4.com
rubiconproject.com
samsungadhub.com
scorecardresearch.com
sharethis.com
shopthetv.com
acoda.net
targetingmarketplace.com
themig.com
trendnetcloud.com
yieldmanager.com
yieldmanager.net
yldmgrimg.net
youknowbest.com
yumenetworks.com

Thanks.
This is the amtm thread.

I know amtm itself does not require a USB drive, but for all the add-ons that do, is there any benefit to using USB 3? Or is USB 2.0 fine? I'd rather stick with USB 2.0 because it doesn't interfere with 2.4 GHz wifi.

I know amtm itself does not require a USB drive, but for all the add-ons that do, is there any benefit to using USB 3? Or is USB 2.0 fine? I'd rather stick with USB 2.0 because it doesn't interfere with 2.4 GHz wifi.
I have used both and have seen not noticeable difference. Sometimes on testing I have switched from my USB 3.0 port on the router to the USB 2.0 when I plugged in a Passport portable HD. It worked fine. My router add-on apps complained though, but I knew they would. :rolleyes:

I'm using the USB 2.0 port (recommended by L&LD) for amtm/Diversion and using the USB 3.0 port as Samba/Network share (external USB3.0 enclosure with 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD) so that all my PCs/Notebooks/Android phones/Tablets can access it without having to always turning on my PCs.

I use USB 3.0 capable drives in the USB 3.0 port, but I make sure to set it to USB 2.0 mode. ;)

I use USB 3.0 capable drives in the USB 3.0 port, but I make sure to set it to USB 2.0 mode. ;)

I've got one of those sitting right next to me. Is there any advantage to running in the USB 3.0 port set to USB 2.0 mode?

I've got one of those sitting right next to me. Is there any advantage to running in the USB 3.0 port set to USB 2.0 mode?

The advantage is that it will not interfere with the 2.4GHz band.

The USB ports on a router are otherwise wasted for me, I prefer a proper NAS instead.

But to run these awesome scripts, they are well used. :)

I have did a semi 'blind' test on myself and had a fast USB 3.0 drive and an old (2001) USB 2.0 drive to install amtm + scripts to. After simply using both with my RT-AC3100 for a week, I could not reliably tell which was installed. :)

There are times when it is noticeable, when formatting, installing the larger scripts and their Entware dependancies and also when I first created the swap file (always at the same size; 2GB).

Everyday use though? No effective difference.

Same thing when I tested Ext2 and also Ext4 with and without journaling. Ext4 with journaling was not noticeably slower when installing the larger files, unless I had a stop watch handy. It more than made up for the slight decrease in maximum speed by the much more robustness the USB drive and therefore, the installation of all scripts and packages on it, all benefitted from. :)

I only use the 5GHz band on my routers, 2.4GHz is disabled. I use the USB 3.0 port on all of them. Read/Writing is noticably faster but not really needed for the scripts available through amtm.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!