What's new

And a week in RT-AC5300 is dead

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Damageinc84

Occasional Visitor
Got a call from my Son saying the network was down while I was at work. Couldn’t get connected to it remotely. Did some testing with him and it looks like the router is non responsive. Just got home and it only has the power and 2.4ghz light on it. During a boot up the isp light goes on and then off. It isn’t responding to the reset button for 10 seconds. Very disappointed with this Router so far. I have two of them so I can get things back up for now but seriously, a router this expensive already failing is a disappointment.

That does suck and it's sad to hear. I've had mine for over 2 1/2 years, only vacuuming the top every so often and updating firmware and it's been rock solid.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Price has nothing to do with it. Electronics can fail regardless of it. Ask NASA...

Well yeah, you are right. It’s just more disappointing. My Netgear that was half the cost and still ran like a champ. Either way it’s a bummer.

I’m trying the recovery mode and so far it’s failing so who knows. Guess I’ll be returning this to Best Buy and getting a replacement.

Yes, as RMerlin said, all electronics can and will fail. I bought my first Asus router years ago, an n66u. More than once I thought I had killed it. Try this, unplug all wires, usb, ethernet and power supply. Remove any flahdrives. Press the power button as if you were trying to turn it on. Leave it pressed, and let it set for at least 1 hour. Better to leave it over night. This will drain any remaining charge from the capicators. Then try plugging it in and see if it will boot. If you can log into the router then do a factory default reset and do a minimal set up to see if it will come back to life. You might be surprised. I did this with the n66u and used it for more than 2 years after thinking it was bricked. If this doesn't work then looks like you will be going to Best Buy.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!