What's new

Android WiFi Issues Asus RT-AC68P Running Merlin 380.58

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NaperJP

New Around Here
I have an ASUS RT-AC68P with Merlin firmware 380.58. Any time I make a change to my routers settings my, and my wife's, Android phones (LG G4 and Galaxy S5) lose their internet connection. WiFi still shows connected with a very strong signal, but no data will transmit. Sometimes forgetting the network and rebooting both the phones and the router works, but other times it doesn't.

This is starting to cause me some major headaches as I keep losing my Open VPN connection with my TV and have had to reboot the router, then restart the OpenVPN client. This then causes me to lose the Android connections. I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any thoughts???

Thanks
John

Try the latest official beta from Asus, it fixed any Wifi issues I was having on my iPhone, hopefully when Merlin gets hold of the new binary files the next Merlin firmware will also be as stable.

Is it as simple as flashing the official beta from Asus over the current build of Merlin I have now, 380.58? If not, what additional steps do I need to follow.

Thanks for the help.
John

Does anyone know if there is a way to route VPN traffic on the stock Asus firmware? More specifically, the most recent beta build above?

Thanks for the suggestion on this build Broken Hope, this fixed all of my wifi issues...so far!

Merlin has gotten hold of the updated wireless driver etc so hopefully we can move back to his firmware when he updates it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!