What's new

Any AC mini pcie network card for my laptop?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,
You are aware of that, some laptops accept only specific designated card. Just make sure to pick the right one for your laptop if that's the case.

Hi,
Also vendors usually twist that Intel original no. little bit too.
When I had bunch of Lenovo(IBM) laptops in the house that was the case.
Lenovo version was different(like they had imbedded code so BIOS can check)
Regular Intel card was "no go" without patching BIOS(a bit risky trick)

You may want to confirm that product code with thenerds, the Intel number they show does not correspond to an 802.11ac card, but a dual band (2.4/5 Ghz) 802.11 a/b/g/n with BT.

Intel's product codes are a little confusing. I summarized them, best I can tell, here.

There are two physical formats: HMC (standard laptops, 1/2 size mini-pci) and NGW (smaller format for ultrabooks). I'm guessing the suffix G or WB at the end is a market designator.

Well its listed as an AC wireless card it better be =) ill be pissed for false advertising, now the two formats you talk about HMC and NGW? wtf? never heard of that.. as far as i know its either half pci, or mini pcie...

So you were absolutely right the card i got was a Dual Band Wireless-N 7260.. does any one sell the real ac one?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!