What's new

Wifi 7 pointless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Now these are the speed I’m getting on Intel & other wireless card. It’s so strange
IMG_4433.jpeg

My speeds on MLO on my S24U have sorted themselves out over the last couple of days and I'm now seeing my full ISP speeds (900+ down / 100+ up) across the 6GHz (320MHz) and 5GHz (160Mhz) bands.

I've got a couple of PC's running Intel BE200 cards with Win11 24H2 so I'll test their speeds later today and let you know what I find.

Tested MLO on my son's PC (next floor above where the BE98 is located), BE200 card running latest Intel firmware and am seeing full download and upload speeds from my ISP... Windows was showing it was connected to 5GHz (channel 100 160MHz) and 6GHz (channel 5 320MHz)
1000051361.jpg

This is still the problem I am having slow download compared to upload. speedtest was done on ground floor whilst router is on first floor. As can see the INTEL BE200 Showing as Aggregated speed 3458/3458. Its driving me crazy on what the issue could be.

windows MLO connection

SSID: Blank_MLO
Protocol: Wi-Fi 7
Security type: WPA3-Personal
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Description: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 7 BE200 320MHz
Driver version: 23.70.2.3
Network band (channel): 5 GHz (100), 6 GHz (5)
Aggregated link speed (Receive/Transmit): 3458/3458 (Mbps)
IPv6 address:
Link-local IPv6 address:
IPv6 default gateway:
IPv6 DNS servers: (Unencrypted)
(Unencrypted)
IPv4 address:
IPv4 DNS servers: (Unencrypted)
Physical address (MAC):

I'm having a similar issue but with my work laptop, and it's wired with CAT5e. Everything else wired on the network can see the full bandwidth up and down, but this machine only sees around half my download speed. Also tried changing cables and ports too. Checking Task Manager, and whenever I run a speed test, the CPU usage ramps up to 100% so I'm assuming that's what's capping the speeds.

Regarding the BE200 card, have you checked all the settings under the Properties > Advanced Tab for it in Device Manager?

I'm having a similar issue but with my work laptop, and it's wired with CAT5e. Everything else wired on the network can see the full bandwidth up and down, but this machine only sees around half my download speed. Also tried changing cables and ports too. Checking Task Manager, and whenever I run a speed test, the CPU usage ramps up to 100% so I'm assuming that's what's capping the speeds.

Regarding the BE200 card, have you checked all the settings under the Properties > Advanced Tab for it in Device Manager?
so i have installed new driver again and its made no difference if anything made it worse. checked all settings and everything looks okay. also checked task manager and cpu usage only showing as 20%

Last edited:
Tested MLO on my son's PC (next floor above where the BE98 is located), BE200 card running latest Intel firmware and am seeing full download and upload speeds from my ISP... Windows was showing it was connected to 5GHz (channel 100 160MHz) and 6GHz (channel 5 320MHz)
View attachment 61897
Those speeds are perfectly capable on just 160MHz channels on the 5GHz channel.

Don’t need MLO for those speeds.

I can get 1600/1600 on 6E which doesn’t max out my ISP speeds which are 2500/2500.

Those speeds are perfectly capable on just 160MHz channels on the 5GHz channel.

Don’t need MLO for those speeds.

I can get 1600/1600 on 6E which doesn’t max out my ISP speeds which are 2500/2500.
Yes, I know that, I've had the BE98 for months now.

SuperShaun and I had been discussing issues with performance on MLO, which was why I was testing MLO...

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!