What's new

Asus Ac66r purchased today (help)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ufc604

Occasional Visitor
Just returned the Dlink 868l i got few weeks ago and purchased the ac66r from canada future shop.

i set it up and everything and when i am upstairs on my phone the signal was going low and i logged in to asus 192.168.1.1 page and something was flashing to upgrade the firmware and i did to 3.0.0.4.376.3602 and now my 5ghz band doesnt show on any devices at all. i was playing with with channels and had the wifi analyzer app and testing things but im noob so not sure what to do there. can someone please guide me on how to get most range and speed out of this router and i am with shaw cable in canada. Thanks

Just returned the Dlink 868l i got few weeks ago and purchased the ac66r from canada future shop.

i set it up and everything and when i am upstairs on my phone the signal was going low and i logged in to asus 192.168.1.1 page and something was flashing to upgrade the firmware and i did to 3.0.0.4.376.3602 and now my 5ghz band doesnt show on any devices at all. i was playing with with channels and had the wifi analyzer app and testing things but im noob so not sure what to do there. can someone please guide me on how to get most range and speed out of this router and i am with shaw cable in canada. Thanks

If your 5ghz band is not displayed try to disable "Auto select channel including DFS channels" in Wireless>General menu and restart your router.

Regards,

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!