What's new

Asus AX82U v1 random WAN Transmission killing bandwidth

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ReSoL

New Around Here
Hello,
I'm having a weird issue that I have not been able to resolve by myself. My knowledge isn't very high when it comes to in-depth configurations on Routers. I am using 2x AX82U in a AIMesh. Both routers are running the most recent Firmware version of Asus Merlin 3004.388.8_2-gnuton1. With that being said the problem I am noticing is that the Traffic Analyzer is showing huge spikes of Outgoing Packets to Internet. But they are not coming from any of my devices "visually". I have tried disabling the Mesh, 2.5 Wifi, 5G wifi, during the spikes to see if it was someone accessing my router through wifi (All connected devices on the router appear to be devices I own, nothing stands out as odd in that department). I have read that the traffic analyzer is quite buggy on multiple firmwares, as much as I would like to disregard the entire Traffic Analyzer part of the router. When ever it spikes, Games/Video Streaming/web browsing all suffers drastically. Spikes average anywhere from 60 MBps to 120 MBPS. When I wake up in the morning I can see that I'll have 100's of gigs in outgoing packet transmission.

I have thought about trying to Port Mirror my wan and use wireshark to try and see what is going on. But figured I would ask here first to see if anyone has encountered something similar or has a better suggestion. I am not very familiar with ENTware I have messed around with SSH quite a few times running Putty.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,
I'm having a weird issue that I have not been able to resolve by myself. My knowledge isn't very high when it comes to in-depth configurations on Routers. I am using 2x AX82U in a AIMesh. Both routers are running the most recent Firmware version of Asus Merlin 3004.388.8_2-gnuton1. With that being said the problem I am noticing is that the Traffic Analyzer is showing huge spikes of Outgoing Packets to Internet. But they are not coming from any of my devices "visually". I have tried disabling the Mesh, 2.5 Wifi, 5G wifi, during the spikes to see if it was someone accessing my router through wifi (All connected devices on the router appear to be devices I own, nothing stands out as odd in that department). I have read that the traffic analyzer is quite buggy on multiple firmwares, as much as I would like to disregard the entire Traffic Analyzer part of the router. When ever it spikes, Games/Video Streaming/web browsing all suffers drastically. Spikes average anywhere from 60 MBps to 120 MBPS. When I wake up in the morning I can see that I'll have 100's of gigs in outgoing packet transmission.

I have thought about trying to Port Mirror my wan and use wireshark to try and see what is going on. But figured I would ask here first to see if anyone has encountered something similar or has a better suggestion. I am not very familiar with ENTware I have messed around with SSH quite a few times running Putty.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I;m having the same issue. AXE16000, Merlin firmware, AT&T fiber, seeing 40MB/s spikes killing my network.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!