What's new

Asus AX88U Pro - legacy guest network not compatible with latest firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BlueOrbit

Regular Contributor
I upgraded my AX88U Pro from Merlin to the latest Asus firmware supporting Guest Network Pro VLANs. My current guest network was created in the previous firmware and it appears in the profile list of the Guest Network Pro. I am trying to recreate it with Guest Network Pro, so I tried deleting it first. When I delete it, my whole router loses connectivity and I am unable to log into the router admin interface. I need to completely reset the router and load backup settings again to make it work.

Is there any way to delete this legacy guest network without losing all connectivity of the router?

My current guest network was created in the previous firmware and it appears in the profile list of the Guest Network Pro.
Are you saying you updated from Merlin's 3004_388.x firmware to stock 3.0.0.6.102_x firmware without doing a factory reset? If so, do a factory reset now and setup your router manually without loading an old settings file made with Merlin's firmware.

I upgraded my AX88U Pro from Merlin to the latest Asus firmware supporting Guest Network Pro

This is a firmware change, not an upgrade. From modified Asuswrt 4.0 to Asuswrt 5.0. You have to reset and start over.

Are you saying you updated from Merlin's 3004_388.x firmware to stock 3.0.0.6.102_x firmware without doing a factory reset? If so, do a factory reset now and setup your router manually without loading an old settings file made with Merlin's firmware.
Yes, I loaded old settings (VPN stuff didn't transfer), saved settings with 3.0.0.6.102_x firmware, did a factory reset, then loaded the settings again. Reconfigured VPN, etc and thought this would do. But will have to start from scratch (was trying to save time and effort)... oh well...