What's new

Asus BQ16 speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Quan

Occasional Visitor
I just got the BQ16. Quite pleased so far. I can't figure out why the download speed is so slow compared to the upload. The router is on firmware 3.0.0.6.102_36050. Maybe this can be fixed with a firmware update.

1724130346267.png

Run the test from a PC. The router's CPU is probably bottlenecking the test program. Could also be the test server that's unable to reach higher speeds.

Im on the Firmware from 8/15/2024 and speed is great. Download is still slower than upload but I attribute this to some way the radios are used. I couldn't say on that. However I do have three other issues. 1. Have an iPad air gen 4 that keeps full signal bars and then seemingly to the iPad or the DNS resolution its offline. Apps fail. Then it returns. Not happening on other home devices. 2. The UI still reboots each device if you even turn off an LED light which is just poor coding. 3. My original peloton bike (android 10) is not connecting to my SSID. I suspect this to be due to GCMP 256 and "Wifi 7 mode" on that SSID. I will try to disable it and see if that helps with 1 or 3.

TBH I tried EERO Max 7 (ugh) and have a brand new pair of TP Link BE95 in a box at home. If I can get this stable the ASUS stays. If not, TP link it is I guess.

Im on the Firmware from 8/15/2024 and speed is great. Download is still slower than upload but I attribute this to some way the radios are used. I couldn't say on that. However I do have three other issues. 1. Have an iPad air gen 4 that keeps full signal bars and then seemingly to the iPad or the DNS resolution its offline. Apps fail. Then it returns. Not happening on other home devices. 2. The UI still reboots each device if you even turn off an LED light which is just poor coding. 3. My original peloton bike (android 10) is not connecting to my SSID. I suspect this to be due to GCMP 256 and "Wifi 7 mode" on that SSID. I will try to disable it and see if that helps with 1 or 3.

TBH I tried EERO Max 7 (ugh) and have a brand new pair of TP Link BE95 in a box at home. If I can get this stable the ASUS stays. If not, TP link it is I guess.
Long story short. BQ16 Pro is on its way back to store. Put in TP-Link BE95 in the very same spot and has been faster and rock solid since start-up. The BE 95 MLO link is excellent too. No de-syncs or reboots at all. App works like an app should without fully bouncing the wifi every change. The LED has a schedule option (nice to have) for bedrooms where its showing during the day and off at night. Overall I am happy. I may add a single BE63 ($200 on Amazon now) to give me what I need in a far backyard room. Again, no ding to Asus and I am sure in time it will rock. However, the TP Link BE95 rocks now.

Long story short. BQ16 Pro is on its way back to store. Put in TP-Link BE95 in the very same spot and has been faster and rock solid since start-up. The BE 95 MLO link is excellent too. No de-syncs or reboots at all. App works like an app should without fully bouncing the wifi every change. The LED has a schedule option (nice to have) for bedrooms where its showing during the day and off at night. Overall I am happy. I may add a single BE63 ($200 on Amazon now) to give me what I need in a far backyard room. Again, no ding to Asus and I am sure in time it will rock. However, the TP Link BE95 rocks now.
I have a single BE95 as my primary router and GT-BE98 Pro and others as AP AiMesh. Would you mind sharing what Hardware Version number is your BE95? Thank you.