What's new

Asus DSL-N55U with EA-N66 as a repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cavey

Occasional Visitor
Hello all,

Just like to check on the following as i am at a dead end on what to do.

I am using Asus's DSL-N55u. My wifi is configured for wpa2-personal, and all settings have been set to auto. I have also enabled mac filtering on it

For my EA-N66, i am trying to configure it as a repeater for my DSL-n55u's 2.4ghz but so far no luck. Either it fails during configuration or after turning it off to move it to another location, it will lose just connection with the AP. It is configured to use another ssid for troubleshooting purposes.

These are the steps i tried (most of the time both devices were rebooted after the change)

1. Added in EA-N66 Mac address for both 2.4 and 5ghz
2. Disabled DSL-N55U's Mac filter for both 2.4 and 5ghz
3. Upgraded the EA-N66 firmware from h to k
4. Changed the channel from auto to a fixed channel (tested 1 , 5 , 11)
5. disabled b/g protection on DSL-n55u

Talked to ASUS support but problem remains, i have also done a 1 to 1 exchange with asus as they suspected the first ea-n66 to be faulty but problem remains and i am curious if any one managed the solve the issue with their EA-N66 as a repeater on their Asus routers.

Thank you.