What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34797 (2024/10/01)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tommie

New Around Here
As @Morac mentioned in the Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34793 thread, there is new firmware for the GT-AX6000.

ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_34797

Version 3.0.0.6.102_34797
61.61 MB 2024/10/01

Release notes:
1. Optimized memory management mechanisms, improving system efficiency and stability.
2. Strengthened input validation and data processing workflows, further protecting your information security.
3. Improved web rendering engine, enhancing browsing experience and security.
4. Enhanced security of system command processing to guard against potential malicious operations.
5. Perfected JavaScript-related security mechanisms, offering a more secure web interaction environment.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 8109b4711ac1cffe9e3c6012435415c88f534f9df6409dc3c71af5cbd945bcc5

I did a clean upgrade from 388.8_2 to 3.0.0.6.102_34797 and it is running pretty well. They fixed the bug that would crash httpd when enabling AiProtection after a factory restore.

The network list is much more responsive and removes disconnected devices more consistently. I must say that I am still a huge fan of the modern network list UI, it is an improvement over the old list from the 3.0.0.4 branch.

Hey folks, I'm currently using rmerlins firmware on my GT-AX6000 and I'd like to try out this official firmware but I'm just wondering if the official firmware includes DNS Director or is that a Rmerlins only thing ?

So I went ahead anyway and installed this latest firmware on my GT-AX6000, some general feedback if it's of any use, I presume Asus might read over the forum, maybe not answer but at least read over it for any feedback...

From what I've found myself over the last few days testing the latest 3006 firmware on my GT-AX6000, the multiple DOT servers which are supposed to be assigned to specific VLANs/Guest Networks only, actually just seem to act as a general pool of DOT DNS resolvers unfortunately.

So while I wanted AdGuard only implemented for a Guest network (hosting mostly iOT devices/similar), and then adding ControlD DOT DNS servers for everything else, in reality everything on both the normal and VLAN guest network just went through the list of DOT servers listed on the WAN page, and picked the fastest resolving one, which just happened to be the AdGuard one added from the guest network.

Removing the AdGuard DOT server from the list on the WAN page (which the guest network setup added itself when enabling AdGuard for it), still left AdGuard itself enabled (I could disable AdGuard from the guest network profile if I wanted) and still sent DNS requests from the normal non guest network through AdGuard at times (not all the time, presumably it chose AdGuard over ControlD DNS servers due to lower latency at times??), bypassing the DOT servers which were ControlD only.

An idea to help with this in a future firmware update would be to have an option of DOT servers added to the list on the WAN page, be particularly able to be assigned to specific networks (or devices/groups of) you've set up on the router, whether that be
VLAN'd Guest networks or your normal non guest/non VLAN network.

So for example, in the WAN list of DOT servers....

1 - AdGuard.DNS.server - (assigned to Guest Network VLAN 53 only, never to be used for the rest of the network devices)
2 - ControlD.DNS.Server - (Assigned to default/general Network)
3 - Quad9.DNS.Server - (Assigned to ALL Networks, as backup, with user assigned timeout if either previous DNS servers go down, 3,000ms for example)

Anyway, I think Asus have made some great changes in the firmware, *seems* more stable and snappy/quick when moving around the config pages.

Not a fan of the colour scheme, never was, prefer the basic rmerlins colour scheme/skin if I'm being honest, it's just simple and easy on the eyes.

Would also love DNS Director aka rmerlins added in to the firmware, I guess that's a lot to ask and though rmerlin might say it's quite a simple thing that he implemented, it really is a huge thing for a lot of consumers, to force crappy services and ad serving services though specific DNS servers and stop them (as best as possible) from bypassing DNS servers you've set (specifically to block or redirect).

The AdGuard addition is a great change and a great option Asus have added, props for that one, delighted it's been added.

ControlD and NextDNS options possible to be added also ? Maybe WindScribe VPN too ?

I've just updated to this fw version 3.0.0.6.102_34797 and I noticed the speed went down drastically when I try to copy a large file from my usb attached Ssd. It's now around 40 MB/s and I used to get around 180MB/s with an older fw 3.0.0.4.388_23285.
I reset the router after the upgrade and set everything up from scratch.
Anyone else can test and confirm such low speeds with this latest fw version?
(I'm using Win 11 24H2)
Also, Ai disk wizard can't complete. It's doesn't go past step 2.

Getting a lot of Xiaomi IoT devices disconnected. Changing channel setting from auto to manually will stop it on some of the devices.

I have the latest firmware and my drive speeds haven't changed. I'm getting about 195MB/s read and 140MB/s write. (Windows 10)

Last edited:
I've just updated to this fw version 3.0.0.6.102_34797 and I noticed the speed went down drastically when I try to copy a large file from my usb attached Ssd. It's now around 40 MB/s and I used to get around 180MB/s with an older fw 3.0.0.4.388_23285.
I reset the router after the upgrade and set everything up from scratch.
Anyone else can test and confirm such low speeds with this latest fw version?
(I'm using Win 11 24H2)
Also, Ai disk wizard can't complete. It's doesn't go past step 2.
Since this last update now my download speed is locked at 1970 Mbit/s, it was 2350 Mbit/s before... Anyone else facing the same issue?

Last edited:
Many are switching to windows 11 24h2 and it seems that there are some internet disconnection issues for several users. Even during gaming sessions there are often episodes of packet loss.

Właśnie zaktualizowałem do tej wersji fw 3.0.0.6.102_34797 i zauważyłem, że prędkość drastycznie spadła, gdy próbuję skopiować duży plik z dysku SSD podłączonego do USB. Teraz jest to około 40 MB/s, a kiedyś uzyskiwałem około 180 MB/s ze starszym oprogramowaniem wewnętrznym 3.0.0.4.388_23285.
Zresetowałem router po aktualizacji i ustawiłem wszystko od nowa.
Czy ktoś jeszcze może przetestować i potwierdzić tak niskie prędkości z tą najnowszą wersją fw?
(Używam Win 11 24H2)
Ponadto kreator dysku Ai nie może ukończyć działania. Nie wykracza poza krok 2.
I have the same symptoms with this firmware version .Windows 11 24H2. Copy speeds on the disk connected to the router reach approximately 40 MB/s.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!