What's new

Release ASUS GT-BE98 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_36852 - 2024/10/04

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

For some reason now my smart connect button doesn’t show in wireless. Have they removed this now since MLO is on. I think I might just do a full reset and start over as it’s clearly not working for me as getting a lot slower speeds then before upgraded firmware

How would I disable the 5GHZ-1?
Untick the box and then click apply.

Screenshot 2024-10-06 at 22.18.11.png

It's online now https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-be98-model/helpdesk_bios/
ASUS GT-BE98 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_36852

Version 3.0.0.6.102_36852
69.04 MB 2024/10/04
*Please be advised that due to an architecture upgrade in AiMesh, we highly discourage downgrading to earlier firmware versions as it may result in connectivity problems. If you experience any difficulties, we suggest resetting the AiMesh router to its default settings and re-establishing the mesh connection.

New features:
- New "Network" page to consolidate main network and guest network/Smart Home Master for simplified management.

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Improved AiMesh backhaul stability.
- Improved system stability and fixed Smart Home Master GUI issues.
- Optimized memory management mechanisms, improving system efficiency and stability.
- Strengthened input validation and data processing workflows, further protecting your information security.
- Improved web rendering engine, enhancing browsing experience and security.
- Enhanced security of system command processing to guard against potential malicious operations.
- Perfected JavaScript-related security mechanisms, offering a more secure web interaction environment.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 7433d147d2a2531edf78b17cc7e7a66fefb3ab2c8adb02544af6a987da335777

Download link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-BE98/FW_GT_BE98_300610236852.zip?model=GT-BE98

Thanks so much.

Hopefully we'll see the be98 pro update soon and that it includes afc. Doubt they'll ever enable it but one can dream.

I've got my GT-BE98 with the auto update active, and did install this firmware a couple days ago... And now the firewall is blocking a lot of sites and giving the error (not sure why some ones are blocked and others not):

Oct 10 02:06:15 rc_service: httpd 3594:notify_rc restart_firewall
Oct 10 02:06:16 firewall: apply rules error(7605)
Oct 10 02:06:16 firewall: apply rules error(7620)

At first thought it was some DNS related problem, but then saw that error in the logs. It surely its the firewall, as turning it off lets every client in the local network to access all the URLs and when turned on lots of them are not reachable (but can be pinged).

The firewall is setup with the default values and without any rules added (vanilla state).

Also Asus does nor recommend downgrading from this last firmware, so I'm now stuck with a router that does not run normally with the firewall active until some newer update appears. No one has this issue?

From: https://rog.asus.com/networking/rog-rapture-gt-be98-model/helpdesk_bios/ :
*Please be advised that due to an architecture upgrade in AiMesh, we highly discourage downgrading to earlier firmware versions as it may result in connectivity problems. If you experience any difficulties, we suggest resetting the AiMesh router to its default settings and re-establishing the mesh connection.

Do you have "AiProtection" activated? I have no problems accessing sites keeping it off.

Do you have "AiProtection" activated? I have no problems accessing sites keeping it off.
Just tried and still not working, Ai protection does not make a change on/off when the firewall is active... even SNB is not reachable untill turning off the firewall.

Thanks for the suggestion though, I didn't think about the Ai Protection as a possible problem this time.

Just tried and still not working, Ai protection does not make a change on/off when the firewall is active... even SNB is not reachable untill turning off the firewall.
If you've enabled AiProtection then disabled it, you would also need to go into Administration > Privacy and select the Withdraw button to fully stop the AiProtection service/feature.

If you've enabled AiProtection then disabled it, you would also need to go into Administration > Privacy and select the Withdraw button to fully stop the AiProtection service/feature.
No luck even after withdrawing :( . I've submitted to Asus a report including logs... I'll report back as soon as they answer.

Hi, can anyone test if with this version there is a 802.1q option in WAN section when you specify a PPPoE connection? It seems RT-BE88U has it and it can be a workaround for having a VLAN ID tag specified in it, instead of in IPTV section, making the WAN/LAN 1 port working with this settings

Hi, can anyone test if with this version there is a 802.1q option in WAN section when you specify a PPPoE connection? It seems RT-BE88U has it and it can be a workaround for having a VLAN ID tag specified in it, instead of in IPTV section, making the WAN/LAN 1 port working with this settings
anyone?

It's not there and the LAN port still doesn't function with VLAN tagging set for IPTV.

You mean as WAN; because it’s working as LAN in the previous release (not Gnuton, but the official one). BTW, thanks for the feedback!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!