What's new

Asus GT-BE98 Pro - Lost Internet connection on wifi devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Avi16000

Occasional Visitor
I have the Asus GT-BE98 Pro model with 4 nodes

Asus GT-BE98
-ET8
-ET8
-ET12
-ET12

All nodes are connected with cables.
At least one time a day, I have the following problem - All Wifi devices are losing the Internet connection. devices connected by LAN continue to work properly. the only way to restore the internet connection is by restarting the GT-BE98 Pro router.
I have the latest firmware on all the devices.

I've noticed some people complaining about the same issue on different forums.
Do you have any idea what I should do?

Asus GT-BE98
-ET8
-ET8
-ET12
-ET12

At least one time a day, I have the following problem - All Wifi devices are losing the Internet connection. devices connected by LAN continue to work properly. the only way to restore the internet connection is by restarting the GT-BE98 Pro router.

Wait for the next firmware release... maybe that will fix it.

OE

Asus GT-BE98
-ET8
-ET8
-ET12
-ET12

I had similar issue, RMA’ed the router. ASUS is sending me a new router, let’s see how that works.

I had similar issue, RMA’ed the router. ASUS is sending me a new router, let’s see how that works.
Let me know if you were able to resolve this issue with the new router.
Are you also using the GT-BE98 Pro model?

I had GT-BE98 Pro as main with 3 nodes, AXE16000 and two RT-AX89Xs as AIMesh, all in wired 10GBase-T backhaul connected via XS712T switch.

First off thank you for alerting me to this thread. This has been giving me such a hard time. I had resulted into just making the axe16000 an access point only and its a bit more stable but I am having issues with handoff and then connection and stability issues started. I wonder if I will have to RMA as well or if it can just be fixed with firmware. What is the RMA process like? Do they send you the new and allow you to send the replacement after or do they expect yours first? Do they try to overnight ship at least if you send in first?

First off thank you for alerting me to this thread. This has been giving me such a hard time. I had resulted into just making the axe16000 an access point only and its a bit more stable but I am having issues with handoff and then connection and stability issues started. I wonder if I will have to RMA as well or if it can just be fixed with firmware. What is the RMA process like? Do they send you the new and allow you to send the replacement after or do they expect yours first? Do they try to overnight ship at least if you send in first?
Just received the replacement new router and I have a positive news to report :). Asus shipped a new hardware version 2.0 router which weighs way less and less bulkier than the original version 1.0 router( but flimsy) . I'm thinking this should be of better performance, but still fingers crossed until fully tested.
RMA is very easy, if you send all the details, symptoms etc.
BTW, there is no cross shipment, so you will have to send the router first (Fedex air) and wait for two weeks to get the replacement and they did send the replacement by Fedex ground which took a week :(
Cheers...

Model: GT-BE98 Pro
FCC ID: MSQ-RTBE6M00
Default Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID):
2.4G/5G/6G : ASUS_
H/W Ver.: 2.0
Production Year: 2024

Last edited:
Configured the new GT-BE98 Pro V2 router with 3 AIMesh nodes, one GT-AXE16000, Two RT-AX89Xs. Now the waiting game starts, if this setup works for a week without any hickups I will call it a success :)
But I miss the GT-BE98 Pro V1 build quality which was excellent and sturdy too. V2 version looks like cheap and flimsy. :(

Congratulations on the successful RMA.
"new hardware version 2.0 router which weighs way less and less bulkier than the original version"
What are the actual hardware differences between the V1 and V2 that would make the weight difference, and are there any performance "enhancements" other than the new router is working?

Actually I don't know the differences. But the V2 weighs less. Probably Asus managed to reduce the heatsink size etc.

BTW I have a new issue with this V2 router, With the V1 router I was able choose 3 band MLO WiFi , as a combination 6G+5G+2.4G from my S23 ultra phone. as below.
But now I can only see one band, either 6G or 5G or 2.4G :( Frustrating...
Screenshot 2024-07-11 at 2.24.14 AM.png
B

Figured out the issue, the ssid has to be unique

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240713_194410_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_194410_Settings.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 58
Update: Stable almost for a week. No more WiFi stalling :)
The new V2 GT-BE98 Pro router, MLO enabled with 3 AIMesh nodes along with Eero Max 7 configured as 10Gbe wired bridge, has been stable so far.
3 AIMesh nodes:
GT-AXE16000,
Two RT-AX89Xs
Eero Max 7 bridged

However, there are still issues: Reported the issues to Asus, hoping for a fix soon, on the Samsung MLO issues.
1. With AIMesh on AXE16000, the 6Ghz channel is disabled (Can't be used with MLO), no solution other than changing it to AP.
2. Samsung phones ( S24 Ultra and S22plus) default to 2.4 GHz band (160mbps max up/down) on MLO, if left idle for few hours.
The only way to fix this is to toggle WiFi off and on the the phones (2.4Gbps up/down on S24ultra and 1.6Gbps up/down max on S22+)
iPhones/iPads work just fine upto 1.6Gbps up/down max.

My GT-BE98 Pro still running great for 3 weeks now since I got it. My S24 Ultra have no issue with MLO SSID. I have Load Balance setup with Xfinty and Astound for an Internet setup no Fiber in my area. How to check the version of the router?

163962.jpg

My GT-BE98 Pro still running great for 3 weeks now since I got it. My S24 Ultra have no issue with MLO SSID. I have Load Balance setup with Xfinty and Astound for an Internet setup no Fiber in my area. How to check the version of the router?

View attachment 60291
The WiFi issue is specific to AIMesh with MLO enabled. You will see the issue if you enable AIMesh :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!