What's new

ASUS ROG GT-AC5300 vs Cisco 891F.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yo mans 2

Occasional Visitor
ASUS ROG GT-AC5300 vs Cisco 891F.
I can get both for around the same price. Which would have better latency and QOS for gaming?
Thank you for your help.

I will be hopefully be getting the ROG GT-AC5300, the Cisco can die prematurely.

Last edited:
Why not just get the 86U...

Why not just get the 86U...
The 3100 is not giving me the desired performance. I have a huge load on the router. 5 people playing games watching you tube updating phones and tablets and so on. Should I mention the downloads they do I have the best isp package they offer.
Can the 86U offer as good performance on hugeloads when the 3100 cannot?

86U has a newer CPU and WiFi chipset than the AC3100, pretty much similar to the GT5300 hardware wise (GT5300 has 2 extra cores plus extra 5Ghz band). Games use very little bandwidth like usually a few 100 Kbps and below, but yeah I think the 86U can easily handle your load, if my R7800 can.

Last edited:
The 3100 is not giving me the desired performance. I have a huge load on the router. 5 people playing games watching you tube updating phones and tablets and so on. Should I mention the downloads they do I have the best isp package they offer.
Can the 86U offer as good performance on hugeloads when the 3100 cannot?

I have 3 people playing games (PS4, Xbox One X, and Xbox One S all in separate rooms). I also have 3 people constantly doing their online business (24/7), and two who can't get off of the YouTube. I have AC3100 and I could not be happier. Was running Merlin 382, and now 384 Beta without any problems. My old 68U died after many years serving me well, but I have never had such a great experience as with AC3100. Plus, I am on pretty crappy ISP plan (10Mb download, 1Mb upload, ADSL, dry loop).

Cheers!