What's new

ROG Rapture GT-BE19000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How does AFC affect the client? Does the adapters increase transmitter power as well? AFC isn't advertised as a feature in any of the adapters available now or coming soon.
I haven't seen anyone mention it. But I think mobile devices will still be limited to 24dBm LPI (to preserve battery life, avoid overheating etc), as the TX power for mobile phones is limited to 24dBm LPI, even though the LPI limit for APs is 30dBm in the US, as shown in the slides here (Timestamp 4:35):

Maybe Wi-Fi cards on PCs and Laptops can go beyond LPI? I guess we'll see.

Update: TX power of the Archer TBE550E for 6GHz is limited to "20dBm(FCC) (EIRP) /20dBm(CE) (EIRP)"😅

Last edited:
I hope the white version will also be available at launch.

IMG_0138.png

I haven't seen anyone mention it. But I think mobile devices will still be limited to 24dBm LPI (to preserve battery life, avoid overheating etc), as the TX power for mobile phones is limited to 24dBm LPI, even though the LPI limit for APs is 30dBm in the US, as shown in the slides here (Timestamp 4:35):

Maybe Wi-Fi cards on PCs and Laptops can go beyond LPI? I guess we'll see.

Update: TX power of the Archer TBE550E for 6GHz is limited to "20dBm(FCC) (EIRP) /20dBm(CE) (EIRP)"😅
Seem like a work in progress. Maybe I need to wait for 2nd gen cards?

No doubt 2nd and 3rd gen cards will surpass what is available today.

But, that video is also from a year ago. Prehistoric times for today's WiFi 7 networks.

I'm gonna wait for mechanical beamforming like this:

That looks more like a marketing gimmick to me. I'm sure it will perform better than a normal router when you connect only a single device to it. But what about when 3 or more devices are connected? Also, the power consumption of those phased arrays must be substantial, as they need to actively scan the environment every second. Plus, with that many moving parts, it might not last very long. I would only consider buying it if they offer a warranty of 5 years or more.

And since Wi-Fi is a two-way communication, I don't think it will work well if your device is far from the AP or if there are many obstructions along the path, as your client devices cannot do active beamforming and send the data back to the AP. It's cheaper, and it will definitely perform a lot better if you just get another AP installed. So, I can't think of many use cases for this router. It looks cool, but there are many drawbacks.

Last edited:
I found this video online

It seems that the performance of a same WiFi card varies with different vendors.

Yes, you can definitely go for the 2nd gen, but then you might have WiFi 7E/Release 2/Wave 2 (Or whatever they want to call it, like Wi-Fi 7X?) or even WiFi 8 in a few years 🤣 It's always a work in progress.

+1 for no more mirror tops.

Will this router, the ROG Rapture GT-BE1900 be available for sale in the US??? If so, do we know when??
Thx!

I hope this 1900 is released as one model and not the awkward 98 and 98 Pro before. I would love Merlin's support for 1900 before I could even think of buying.