What's new

Asus Rog Gt-Ax6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sundraw

New Around Here
Hi everyone, I have always used custom firmware from merlin and I wanted to know if there will be further updates for my router. I know it is not fair to ask but I am honest, a router without merlin firmware can never really give its best.

Of course it's still supported, and will be for a while. There's no ROG version right now, but the non ROG version for the GT-AX6000 will work just fine - the difference is mainly cosmetic. Latest version is 3004.388.8_2.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think there won't be future firmware update for your router? The latest 3004.388.8_2 Asus-Merlin firmware for the GT-AX6000:

Unless Rmerlin changes his mind for some reason your router should continue to receive Asus-Merlin updates so long as Asus continues to provide GPL's to RMerlin for your router model.

Out of curiosity, what makes you think there won't be future firmware update for your router?

This router as well as other AX-class RT Pro and GT models with stock Asuswrt 5.0 released are de facto in Asuswrt-Merlin maintenance mode on the last Asuswrt 4.0 GPL provided many months ago. All new Asuswrt-Merlin Asuswrt 5.0 based firmware is for BE-class routers only. When and if GT-AX6000 (and the others the same generation hardware) will get new base Asuswrt-Merlin is to be confirmed later and depends on when and if Asus provides workable Asuswrt 5.0 GPL. Some of the flagship models like GT-AXE16000 and ZenWiFi ET12 Pro still don't have official Asuswrt 5.0 release.

I would look at RT-BE86U or RT-BE88U if purchasing new router today. At least they have confirmed new base Asuswrt-Merlin coming.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!