What's new

Release ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24374 (2024/09/27)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fruitcornbread

Occasional Visitor
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24374
55.4 MB
2024/09/27

1. Optimized memory management mechanisms, improving system efficiency and stability.
2. Strengthened input validation and data processing workflows, further protecting your information security.
3. Improved web rendering engine, enhancing browsing experience and security.
4. Enhanced security of system command processing to guard against potential malicious operations.
5. Perfected JavaScript-related security mechanisms, offering a more secure web interaction environment.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 8722f036d092ee2dd98c9eef4f961a3bdd20e4248d9bace6d2161bea0bf004de

Download: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...00438824374.zip?model=ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000

Yea almost a year later and they did not jump to 3006…..

Looks like we are screwed. Iam running the 9856 Beta firmware right now with no problems I am just worried about security.
I see some security fixes on this version. Am I safe at 9856 or is this a mandatory upgrade for security?

Thoughts?

CC

Iam using merlin latest firmware o use the 16000 as AP so dunno about that

Took the plunge, loaded, reset manually applied all my settings. Running perfectly so far.

I Noticed that there are now 3 seperate network options in the guest network area for all the bands.

I made a loT with a hidden SSID and a normal Guest guest network on 2.4 ghz.

I noticed the ip range on the loT was different than the Guest and normal network. I like that. (192.xxx.100.xxx vs 192.xxx.50.xxx)

CC

Version 3.0.0.4.388_24374
55.4 MB
2024/09/27

1. Optimized memory management mechanisms, improving system efficiency and stability.
2. Strengthened input validation and data processing workflows, further protecting your information security.
3. Improved web rendering engine, enhancing browsing experience and security.
4. Enhanced security of system command processing to guard against potential malicious operations.
5. Perfected JavaScript-related security mechanisms, offering a more secure web interaction environment.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 8722f036d092ee2dd98c9eef4f961a3bdd20e4248d9bace6d2161bea0bf004de

Download: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000/FW_GT_AXE16000_300438824374.zip?model=ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000
If Microsoft released new patches for security issues once every 9 months... Think they might get some flack? What's Asus's excuse when they have millions of routers out there... and this one costs 550 dollars..

Well I am back to report, after 1 day of operation there was a ton of problems. Streaming services could not connect (No vpn).
Numerous disconnections, 2 reboots, and my wifes iphone diconnected several times right in the middle of a call. This release is garbage.

Back on 9856 BETA everything is perfect and the internet flies. Go figure. A real dissappointment.

CC

Well I am back to report, after 1 day of operation there was a ton of problems. Streaming services could not connect (No vpn).
Numerous disconnections, 2 reboots, and my wifes iphone diconnected several times right in the middle of a call. This release is garbage.

Back on 9856 BETA everything is perfect and the internet flies. Go figure. A real dissappointment.

CC
I upgraded yesterday and so far has been working normal. I noticed my guest IP's stayed the same, no .100 for me but I also didn't do a reset. The guest network page seems to be the same. I thought it always had the 3 individual options for all the wifi bands. Or at least the last firmware did. I could be wrong.

I have 2 gt-axe16000 ... One as the main and one as a node ... After the upgrade to 24374 2 days ago the main still working fine but the node had problems immediately after the upgrade. There were no wifi signal except 2.4 band appearing and in a few seconds dissapearing again ( all other bands nothing) ... The same thing exactly had happened in the previous version 24329 ( main working fine but node with no wifi).
So I kept the main with 24374 and reverted back node to 23012 and everything seems stable for now.

Any suggestions about the node ? I mean in order to be able to update it also ...

ps. main and node are connected with ethernet ...

I gave it another shot, loaded firmware, factory reset then manually entered all my settings. Seems to be ok now. There was one unexpected drop in wireless but I think it was from Radar (airport 10 miles away). I will report back in a few days. The Beta 4856 runs great but I am afraid of the security flaws since it is 1 1/2 years old.

CC