What's new

Asus RT-68u won't light up. Anything I can do to troubleshoot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OOo

Regular Contributor
Worked fine for a few years. I use the VPN server heavily and have 2 other Asus 68's that attach remotely.

Just shut off today. Tried obvious, power cord, power. Can't get it to power up.

Any thoughts?

thanks

1. Borrow the power pack from another router and try.
  2. Move router to another room temporarily see if it powers up.
  3. If first two steps don’t identify cause, replace router.

1. Borrow the power pack from another router and try.
  2. Move router to another room temporarily see if it powers up.
  3. If first two steps don’t identify cause, replace router.
Good, point, will try in the morning. thx

Just swapped power adapters. It turns out it is the power adapter!! Good news.

Next question, any suggestions on where I quickly get asus exa1206uh power adapter?

Amazon has many knock offs and the asus original one will take too long to ship. What price should I pay? I see $30 down to $10.99 for a knock off. I have a ton of adapters from other tech stuff. Any chance any of that would work?

thanks

sure others will work too, just check for same voltage 19V= stabilized (18-20 should be ok), nearly same or more current >=1,75A (1,5-5 should be ok) and same plug with plus inside and ground (minus) around.

just test it.

Grisu, thanks. I went through about 50 power adapters I have collected over the years. Couldn't find a single one that fell within your stated ranges. Had to order a new one and wait. urgh...

I found out how the power adapter died. There was a power outage. I guess it surged or something when power came back on. I am putting a APC Surge Arrest power strip which hopefully will protect the Asus power adapter in the future.

thanks for you assistance!!

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online