What's new

ASUS RT-AC86U User Manual (English) Screenshots not readable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
Already informed internally. Thanks for your feedback.[emoji16]

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送
Arthur,

I just checked while the Manual has a new date, but, the screen shots are still all not readable :(
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 12.44.41 PM.png

Already informed internally. Thanks for your feedback.[emoji16]

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送
Hi
New here so please be kind
Question to Arthur please - Is there any update as to the progress of correcting the unreadable screen shots in the RT-AC86U English user manual?
I am seriously considering purchasing one of these, but would like to be able to have a browse through the user manual first (as I try and do before generally any purchase if I can - gives a good idea about functions/ features and usability etc.).
As it seems the readable screen shots in other language versions are of "English" screens, it would not seem to be such a big issue for a company as large as Asus to be able to update the English version with these existing screen shots. It would also confirm your commitment to customer support, which could only be of benefit to your company.
Thanks

The current manual is from 2016, with new firmware releases the configuration pages may change as well.
The RT-AC86U features are quite standard for such a 3-in-one product (4-port ethernet switch + router + 802.11ac wireless access point).
The additional features (such as the MU-MIMO, USB 2.0 port, USB 3.0 port, ASUS AiMesh, AiProtection and the printer sharing feature) shall be considered as nice to get.
I would rely on the review of the device:
https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wir...86u-dual-band-ac2900-wireless-router-reviewed

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!