What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Speed Issues

For those having issues with the 5GHz band and / or LAN speed, have you tried disabling all Beam-forming options for the 5GHz band? I did this and both the 5GHz band and LAN speeds are back up to par, no drop outs, consistent connection on 5GHz now. This may be a good work-around until ASUS fixes the issue...

For those having issues with the 5GHz band and / or LAN speed, have you tried disabling all Beam-forming options for the 5GHz band? I did this and both the 5GHz band and LAN speeds are back up to par, no drop outs, consistent connection on 5GHz now. This may be a good work-around until ASUS fixes the issue...

Interesting observation.

From what I've read and understood, Beamforming strengthens wireless connectivity. But reading an article on here, http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-features/32329-does-beamforming-really-work?start=1

it seems to only add a minimal strength.

This is from the link on page 24 in the other forum from ASUS/

We are rushing fine tuning the firmware now.

Best regard,
JK

I don't know what that means, but here is to hoping they release something :(

Well to think positive.... They have taken longer than they estimated at first so.....1. They could have found a major bug and could be fixing it. or 2. Could be adding to the feature set things that were promised but not delivered.....(this is just me guessing mind you)....Minor little bug fixes wouldn't have delayed it to twice as long as promised.

Have not found with the search in the forum.

Does the AC87 now support dfs?

Or in the future?

They have been very quiet with patches on the 66u, 68u and the 87u as of late. I hope that means they are REALLY testing the firmware prior to release and not that the 66/68 is going to not get regular updates.

Asus told me they have sdk7 and they have it in firmware they are testing. They will release sdk7 firmware after they tweak sdk7 for performance and stability

I get the feeling we are being strung along. I wish Asus would give a real estimate when we can expect proper functioning firmware. We paid real money on time for these routers. :(

I don't know if we are being strung along or not. I do know that Asus routers are having are having major issues with both Apple's Yosemite 10.10 OS and with Microsoft Windows 10 (dropped wifi connections, no wifi connectivity, computers not seeing network to begin with), and that they've had to do some major rewriting of the firmware to fix those issues. Intel has also asked Asus to rework their firmware to improve compatibility between the Asus routers and their NIC's. I wonder if that is why the new firmware is so far behind.

I don't know if we are being strung along or not. I do know that Asus routers are having are having major issues with both Apple's Yosemite 10.10 OS and with Microsoft Windows 10 (dropped wifi connections, no wifi connectivity, computers not seeing network to begin with), and that they've had to do some major rewriting of the firmware to fix those issues. Intel has also asked Asus to rework their firmware to improve compatibility between the Asus routers and their NIC's. I wonder if that is why the new firmware is so far behind.

My laptop runs Windows 10, no problem so far with my Intel 7260 and my RT-AC87U.

Where did you hear that about Intel? It doesn't make much sense, because for starter, the router's wireless driver is written by Broadcom, not by Asus.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online