What's new

Asus rt-ax86u pro 1 gig

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I can get a link speed of 1200 on my AppleTV with 160MHz disabled.

View attachment 60952

OP has changed many of the setting in the wifi professional setting and some will decrease your speed.
Should have left them on defaults except for disable roaming assistant.
Using the 2.5 port for WAN will help get max speed for wireless.
Like what was said, post wireless log so we can see the link speed of the devices.
Well I just bought me a new phone OnePlus 12. Look at screenshot I'm not happy with the speed test my friend has a Iphone 15 pro max he gets 1200 Mbps. We are both on spectrum 1 gig plan maybe I need to bring an iPhone 15 pro max to my house and test or factory reset my router

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-20-22-33-35-49_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-20-22-33-35-49_79d0ff8f9752a3fc32487e6d62330a6a.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_2024-08-20-22-52-22-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-20-22-52-22-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Not sure it's been indicated across your varous posts you've been making about your speed issues. But what firmware version are you running on the Asus router?
Well I just bought me a new phone OnePlus 12. Look at screenshot I'm not happy with the speed test my friend has a Iphone 15 pro max he gets 1200 Mbps. We are both on spectrum 1 gig plan maybe I need to bring an iPhone 15 pro max to my house and test or factory reset my router
Does your friend have the same router as you?
Using the exact same settings (router, Spectrum equipment, phone, etc.) as you are using?
Is your friend's WiFi environment and housing construction the exact same as yours?
Is your friend's Spectrum connection hardware and cable line neighborhood usage exactly the same as yours?
If not then you are comparing apples to oranges in different WiFi environments.
If you connect your phone to the friends WiFi network, what speed do you get on the friends network?
Just because your phone (which is different make/model than your friend's) may support Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7 doesn't mean the phone is capable of reaching the marketing reported speed capabilities of the WiFi specifications. Other factors of the phone's hardware or software along with many other things may impact WiFi capability of that phone.

As a troubleshooting step, if you haven't done it already, you may want to hard factory reset the Asus RT-AX86U Pro router. Do a basic setup of the router, do not import any saved router.cfg file. Do not change any WiFi settings from their defaults other than inputting a SSID name(s) and password(s). If you have a USB drive attached to the router, remove it before doing a hard factory reset and do not reattach it until your troubleshooting tests are done. If you are using Asus-Merlin firmware, do not install or activate any addon scripts while troubleshooting. Then perform the WiFi speed tests.

Last edited:
Not sure it's been indicated across your varous posts you've been making about your speed issues. But what firmware version are you running on the Asus router?

Using the exact same settings (router, Spectrum equipment, phone, etc.) as you are using?
Is your friend's WiFi environment and housing construction the exact same as yours?
Is your friend's Spectrum connection hardware and cable line neighborhood usage exactly the same as yours?
If you connect your phone to the friends WiFi network, what speed do you get on the friends network?
Just because your phone (which is different make/model than your friend's) may support Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e/7 doesn't mean the phone is capable of reaching the marketing reported speed capabilities of the WiFi specifications. Other factors of the phone's hardware or software along with many other things may impact WiFi capability of that phone.

As a troubleshooting step, if you haven't done it already, you may want to hard factory reset the Asus RT-AX86U Pro router. Do a basic setup of the router, do not import any saved router.cfg file. Do not change any WiFi settings from their defaults other than inputting a SSID name(s) and password(s). If you have a USB drive attached to the router, remove it before doing a hard factory reset and do not reattach it until your troubleshooting tests are done. If you are using Asus-Merlin firmware, do not install or activate any addon scripts while troubleshooting. Then perform the WiFi speed tests.

I'm on Merlin Current Version : 3004.388.8_2 my modem is a Netgear cm2000, he is using Spectrum's modem/router.....

That and then do not go messing with the professional setting.
I run all default except disable roaming assistant.
Sound like a plan, I was following someone's settings that said his settings are for stability...

Would I have to switch the Ethernet cable back to original wan port?

Last edited:

Hard reset done only only thing I did was setup cloudflare ipv4 and ipv6 I haven't touched anything else....

But I guess if there's anything that you recommend I change tell me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-22-22-47-19-69_f8975975dc13221cf071bdccafa7b58c.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-22-22-47-19-69_f8975975dc13221cf071bdccafa7b58c.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240822_225951.jpg
    IMG_20240822_225951.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 21
That and then do not go messing with the professional setting.
I run all default except disable roaming assistant.
Hard reset done only only thing I did was setup cloudflare ipv4 and ipv6 I haven't touched anything else....

But I guess if there's anything that you recommend I change tell me or just disable roaming assistant

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-22-22-47-19-69_f8975975dc13221cf071bdccafa7b58c.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-22-22-47-19-69_f8975975dc13221cf071bdccafa7b58c.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20240822_225951.jpg
    IMG_20240822_225951.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 31

But I guess if there's anything that you recommend I change tell me
Well it would appear you are now getting that 1GB speed that you previously were indicating you were not getting. If the default settings are working then test them for a period of time to see if you have any issues or problems that crop up. There may be certain settings that people may recommend be changed or enabled. If you decide to make those changes, make note of them so you can reverse those suggested changes if they impact your speed or use case. For now, it seem you have solved your issue.

Well it would appear you are now getting that 1GB speed that you previously were indicating you were not getting. If the default settings are working then test them for a period of time to see if you have any issues or problems that crop up. There may be certain settings that people may recommend be changed or enabled. If you decide to make those changes, make note of them so you can reverse those suggested changes if they impact your speed or use case. For now, it seem you have solved your issue.
I'm really liking that 2401 mbps that is showing lol, but from what is it basing that much mbps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-23-12-53-46-90_41a74ddf68be21faad2fbbb691b15143.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-23-12-53-46-90_41a74ddf68be21faad2fbbb691b15143.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 22
I'm really liking that 2401 mbps that is showing lol, but from what is it basing that much mbps
2,401 Mbps is the maximum speed at which the data can travel, over WiFi, between the router and your device (based on the location* of your device at the time you took the screenshot).

*and other variables as previously mentioned by others

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!