What's new

ASUS RT-AX86U Pro (AX5700)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chewy74

Occasional Visitor
So I'm trying to upgrade my current router RT-AC68U and saw a lot of members mentioning that the RT-AX86U Pro is a good pick. I don't have too many devices connected to the router, but I do heavily torrent. I moderately game on a ps5 and sometimes stream from a couple of firesticks.

I wanted to know if this was a good price for the RT-AX86U Pro and am I getting the right model?

Thanks for the help

Yup, sure is an AX86U Pro. $200 is the going sale price. I paid $240 for mine a year ago.
The AX86U Pro is one of the most recommended Asus routers. I run 30 clients with no issues on 100/100 FIOS. We do not game but do stream video and shop online a lot.

I see Amazon US has Refurbished for $149. This is relatively new model, perhaps Returned?

They are unlikely refurbished. No one is going to actually repair a device with $50 inside. Amazon returns most likely, some folks around received new unopened units from Amazon. And return option is still there if the product doesn't work as advertised.

I'm always hesitant on refurbished electronics...especially something as important as a router
Well, get a refurbished unit and try it. If it does not work send it back. I've gotten two refurbished AX58U's to try out.Both worked well but I wanted something better so I sent them back with no hassle.