What's new

Asus RT-AX89X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Riderek

New Around Here
Hello, I'm new here with my router :)

The problem with the router is that the router disconnects from the WAN network very often, disconnects 2.4 and 5 GHz Radios, after some time it works normally and so on. Currently I am using software 3.0.0.4.386_23012 and it disconnects less often, but still too often - several times an hour. With the latest software, it happens even more often and the router would also reset, but in such a way that it could not turn on but kept resetting, only turning off the power and discharging the capacitors helped. I did a hard reset, a RAM reset and used firmware restoration to upload different versions of the software, it doesn't change anything, it just sometimes works longer or shorter. I was thinking about replacing the SPI chip with the software and uploading a new one via SVOD, or replacing the memory chip with new ones, e.g. from Samsung instead of Micron. If anyone could advise me, I would be very grateful. I will add that the temperatures of the systems on the motherboard are max 50 degrees CPU and 25-45 5 GHz system. Adds a log from the moment of disconnection, marked in red. Regards

Attachments

• LOG.pdf
    45.8 KB · Views: 6
Hello, I'm new here with my router :)

The problem with the router is that the router disconnects from the WAN network very often, disconnects 2.4 and 5 GHz Radios, after some time it works normally and so on. Currently I am using software 3.0.0.4.386_23012 and it disconnects less often, but still too often - several times an hour. With the latest software, it happens even more often and the router would also reset, but in such a way that it could not turn on but kept resetting, only turning off the power and discharging the capacitors helped. I did a hard reset, a RAM reset and used firmware restoration to upload different versions of the software, it doesn't change anything, it just sometimes works longer or shorter. I was thinking about replacing the SPI chip with the software and uploading a new one via SVOD, or replacing the memory chip with new ones, e.g. from Samsung instead of Micron. If anyone could advise me, I would be very grateful. I will add that the temperatures of the systems on the motherboard are max 50 degrees CPU and 25-45 5 GHz system. Adds a log from the moment of disconnection, marked in red. Regards
Your WAN is switching speeds like the cable or port is damaged. Do you have another CAT5 cable you could test with?

Ont was tested on two other routers and worked without problems. Now I was using Lan, wifi 2.4 and wifi 5ghz at the same time and my connection was disconnected for a few seconds every dozen or so minutes and the log looked like this

Attachments

• Oct 21 18.pdf
    92.7 KB · Views: 4

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!