What's new

Release ASUS RT-BE88U Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_33921

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PR3MIUM

ASUS RT-BE88U Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_33921

63.58 MB
2024/04/19

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Improved system stability.
- Fixed IPv6 related Issues.
- Added WPA2/WPA3-Personal as one of authentication methods for WiFi7.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256:
d9f34eaa53ed3504838f0b9260abb255d9e782d004c23e38f8b67168b980f8bf

Source:

Understood, thank you 🙏
When is the BE88U Merlin firmware available?
Stop spamming the same question over and over, and start reading what is already posted.

Connected devices lists have been glitchy on this one. Some devices can remain invisible, or coming and going, as if they disconnect and reconnect. But that is not the case. Or say they are on guest/IoT/MLO network when they are main SSID.
A common problem on the 3.0.0.6.102 series firmware?

The recent updates of the phone app seem to indicate that you can enable MLO, but does not suggest adding a MLO profile. If lack of profile makes MLO not work at all, then the toggle does not really make sense. You would only be halfway enabled.

Playing around with all the new things compared to my old AX88U. That one is just about only serving as a Skynet/Diversion filter on the incoming connection these days and running my OpenVPN server. The BE88U is configured to allow fail over secondary LAN, allowing standalone mode if AX88U must be rebooted or otherwise fail. AX88U in itself is configured to allow fail over to mobile network if incoming fails.
Still trying to figure out if everything is done optimally. But, fun times ;-)

If a client that used to work on my main SSID with WPA3 refuses to connect to my main SSID now in WiFi-7 I guess the part the client lacks in the better WPA encryption.

As it looks now, the router does not seem to update the connected clients at all. It's stuck at a previous state. Well, if this is my worst issue, it's not that bad ;-)

So far I've been using AC828. I need LAN access mode when traveling from WAN. I use NAS and remote desktop in homeoffice. On the new BE88U router I copied all the NAT and port forwarding settings from the AC828. I set up router administration from the WAN, disabled the firewall. However, I can't access either the administration or the NAS forwarding ports from the WAN. PING on the AC828 works, but the BE88U is blocked. I have spent a lot of time and effort on this. I resign, is there a firmware bug? Does anyone have any experience? Thank you for the reply.
I use a fixed public IP

Last edited:
Are there any resources to show how the countdown timer for one time access to guest network is supposed to work? If I set up a time duration in the guest WiFi configuration, the countdown timer doesn't activate when I hit the enable button. I have to go into the configuration settings and hit apply. The timer then starts, but when it reaches zero, nothing happens. I expected the guest WiFi to be turned off or at least the clients to be de-authorized / disassociated, but the guest SSID still is being broadcast and the clients are still connected.

Came home yesterday. Internet connection was down. Had to reboot to get online. Barely a week up time.

I haven't analysed the logs properly yet (collecting them on a local server).

Any frequent enough issue for some?
I can feel the early software vibe on it 😉

Came home yesterday. Internet connection was down. Had to reboot to get online. Barely a week up time.

I haven't analysed the logs properly yet (collecting them on a local server).

Any frequent enough issue for some?
I can feel the early software vibe on it 😉
Mine did something similar, router got into a ‘boot loop’. Would briefly have connection, then off it would go & reboot. Again & again.
Asus replaced.
New router, so far, so good!

Aside from that issue, best router I’ve ever had. :)

Mine did something similar, router got into a ‘boot loop’. Would briefly have connection, then off it would go & reboot. Again & again.
Asus replaced.
New router, so far, so good!

Aside from that issue, best router I’ve ever had. :)
In my case it has been stable after the reboot.
Even the LEDs indicated that everything was fine.
Hopefully the logs show some leads.

Other than this case, I'm pretty happy. Some polish here and there in software. Like it can claim every device including wired to be connected and using MLO 😜

Tempted to keep it on original firmware just for fun and keep on testing Merlin on my older AX88U.

BWDPI: [BWHIS] Revert process seems to spam the logs.
QoS Web History seems to be the cause.

Perhaps this killed another process eventually causing my downtime.

BWDPI: [BWHIS] Revert process seems to spam the logs.
QoS Web History seems to be the cause.

Perhaps this killed another process eventually causing my downtime.
BWDPI =Trend Micro addons. Go to Admin>Policy and withdraw all consents. Reboot and test again.

BWDPI =Trend Micro addons. Go to Admin>Policy and withdraw all consents. Reboot and test again.
Well, it stopped after turning off Web history. Could it be a secondary effect?
I rather stop Web History than Trend Micro.

Looks like 33928 update last night.
Not up on the Asus website just yet though……
Oh no. I that just flashed Merlin alpha firmware on it. Oh, well. Time to wait on the Merlin version of it 😉

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!