What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.3602

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maybe this has been answered in other threads (so apologies in advance of not having found such), but why is it that the "check" firmware version from within my router Web interface keeps coming back with 3.0.0.4.376_2524-g0013f52? System should have found at least a few other upgrades since the_2524, by now.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm on 3.0.0.4.376_1071 and get "The router's current firmware is the latest version." when clicking the Check button. I'm curious as well as to why it's not telling me that there is an update available.

Because Asus does not systematically push new release to the update server. The support site will always carry the latest version, the update server might or might not eventually get a release published.

If I'm not experiencing any issues (that I know of) should I reset the router to factory defaults after doing a firmware upgrade per the support site instructions? And if so, I assume I hold the reset button for five seconds while the router is powered on? Thanks for your help.

Yes, if instructed so, you shall reset the router configuration.
1 make note of your configuration settings (or make screen copies).
2 upgrade the router firmware.
3 powerup the router.
4 press and hold the reset button for more then 5 seconds.
5 acces the router config at 192.168.1.1 admin/admin
6 reconfigure the router manually (see step 1), do NOT load an old configuration backup file.

I had too many issues with this version (3.0.0.4.376.3602), intermittent hangups and etc., so I switched back to version 3.0.0.4.376.2524. It seems more stable.

I had too many issues with this version (3.0.0.4.376.3602), intermittent hangups and etc., so I switched back to version 3.0.0.4.376.2524. It seems more stable.
You shall try 3.0.0.4.376.3657 and skip 3602 anyway due to fxes in the 5GHz area (and for sure a few things more, e.g. the NTP part).

The latest version was installed yesterday and works like a charm for now :)

I emailed support

So I just got the RT-AC66R version on amazon (also on newegg) because it was $50 cheaper than the U version and everything I read said it was the exact same but made for Best Buy. Anyways, I of course put the latest version of firmware which was the 3602 and all the 5Ghz bands disappeared which were there with the shipped firmware. So I emailed support and here was their response:
Dear Jon,

Thank you for contacting ASUS customer care.

We regret the inconvenience.

We have a known issue with the router.

I request you to downgrade the version to Version 3.0.0.4.376.2524 and try.

Feel free to contact for further queries.

Thank you very much,
Antony X.

Customer Service Center.
ASUSTek Computer Inc.

Component Product Support: 1-812-282-2787

So I has also found this thread and some others that said to use the latest AC66U firmware it fixed the 5Ghz issue. I tried it and it worked. Although the downside is I had to manually plug into the router and type in each of my SSIDs and passwords again. It totally reset the router settings which I wasn't expecting so not sue if that is a product of holding down the reset for 5+ seconds or what? So it has been working reliably in both bands all day. I am surprised the person above didn't tell me to just look in the U version to get the latest since that one isn't posted on the RT-AC66R version of the support site as of this morning. Hope this helps someone who has done the same!!

I'm having zero problems in the US with my RT-N66U on this version of the firmware. All 5GHz devices still working optimally as well as 2.4GHz.

No info as to what's supposed to fix??? Requires router reset!?!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Keep an eye on this forum.
Build 3.0.0.4.376.3657 is discussed in another thread.
Yes, the release notes are vague.
The 3.0.0.4.376.3657 build fixed 5 GHz for all regions and it appears there is a change for NTP.
Release notes never mention all the changes, count the numer of non-released versions between 3602 and 3657 (55), I guess the number of fixes or changes is at least 55.

Keep an eye on this forum.
Build 3.0.0.4.376.3657 is discussed in another thread.
Yes, the release notes are vague.
The 3.0.0.4.376.3657 build fixed 5 GHz for all regions and it appears there is a change for NTP.
Release notes never mention all the changes, count the numer of non-released versions between 3602 and 3657 (55), I guess the number of fixes or changes is at least 55.

Between 3602 and 3690 (the latest GPL code I've seen), they did a lot of changes to the USB modem support, added increased TTL support for one specific ISP that sets TTL to "1" to prevent the use of routers (...), and did improvements to the new Networkmap and the VPN pages.

A lot of (unrelated) work was also done toward supporting the AC3200's Smart Connect mode.