What's new

Asus RT-N66U or D-Link Dir-868L?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Only if the sellers work with Amazon, personality I don't rely on those extended warranty unless come from own device's factory (fine print)

I would like some advice on this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320157R. The price is all too tempting to get such an awesome item, but at the same it's open item and can easily be missing the stuff it needs and the warranty only covers for 30 days (can't extend it with another warranty, at least I don't think so unless that Square trade warranty can help).

What do you think?

I would like some advice on this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320157R. The price is all too tempting to get such an awesome item, but at the same it's open item and can easily be missing the stuff it needs and the warranty only covers for 30 days (can't extend it with another warranty, at least I don't think so unless that Square trade warranty can help).

What do you think?
Seems and good offer, I don't buy refurbished, while most router are returned by minor complaint that use to be solved by firmware update or a more experienced user, whatever it your chose if don't want really new.

What do you think?
Don't pay the price premium for 11ac unless your client devices are also 11ac capable. Maybe not even then.
Especially now, since 11ac, being new, has early-adopter pricing.

Don't pay the price premium for 11ac unless your client devices are also 11ac capable. Maybe not even then.
Especially now, since 11ac, being new, has early-adopter pricing.

I went for the refurbished Asus 1750 router as it was cheaper than the refurbished one for the Asus N900 one as well. Turned out to be an awesome decision as my network's connectivity issues are pretty much gone thanks to it and the new modem as well. Thank you guys so much.

One other thing, I'm looking towards finding a backup storage solution for my house, which involves getting a NAS storage device. Should I go for NAS device, or a regular external desktop hard drive, and for either one, how much storage should I get as I have a 256 SSD, a 3 tb hard drive, 64 GB Ipad, and a TB hard drive. Should I go for a 4tb backup hard drive solution or something smaller like 3 or even two?