What's new

Release ASUS ZenWIFI ET9 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_25136

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

marvelmike

New Around Here
Hi,
ASUS ZenWIFI ET9 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_25136 was just released.

Version 3.0.0.4.388_25136
50.29 MB
2024/10/23
1. Unauthorized access prevention and security enhancements.
2. Prevent potential commad attacks in OpenVPN
3. XSS attack prevention enhancements.
4. AiMesh stability enhancement.
5. Resolved WireGuard connection issue when changing server IP.
6. Resolved IPv6 connection issue in VPN Fusion.
7. System stability improvements.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 3f24bf1859086e3af88e1c3232ccfc02418673aa683f7daa348040613664ed1f

Has anyone already upgraded to this firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_25136? I have to provide a stable network and can't afford tinkering with firmware releases for hours.

I have a set of two ET9s on FW 3.0.0.4.388_24829. One runs in operating mode Wireless Router, the other as node. They are connected through ethernet backhaul in order to have all frequencies for clients and as 6GHz is no good for backhaul if stations are separated through walls.

In order to use the full set of features the AiMesh operate in a double NAT set up behind my ISP's router.

Wifi6 (2.4GHz and 5GHz plus 160MHz) is fast and reliable when used from an office Lenovo PC or my Pixel 6 cell phone. I can utilize the full bandwidth that my ISP provides. So I am happy camper here.

Also the additional features, safe surfing, etc. are all great. The fact that I am not forced into a subscription model was one of THE factors making me buy Asus ET9s.

So far so good, now for the problems:

Wifi6E is supposedly broadcasted all the time (according to web UI and app), yet it is received only occasionally through my new Asus ZenBook and very briefly only through my Pixel 6 phone - right after resetting the network connections.

I have to add my Asus ZenBook started to receive 6E only after I upgraded the driver for my Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz adapter to the latest WIFI7 driver 23.80.1.3

Currently I receive on 6 GHz on channel 197.

Any ideas, why 6E disappears sometimes?

Has anyone already upgraded to this firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_25136? I have to provide a stable network and can't afford tinkering with firmware releases for hours.

I have a set of two ET9s on FW 3.0.0.4.388_24829. One runs in operating mode Wireless Router, the other as node. They are connected through ethernet backhaul in order to have all frequencies for clients and as 6GHz is no good for backhaul if stations are separated through walls.

In order to use the full set of features the AiMesh operate in a double NAT set up behind my ISP's router.

Wifi6 (2.4GHz and 5GHz plus 160MHz) is fast and reliable when used from an office Lenovo PC or my Pixel 6 cell phone. I can utilize the full bandwidth that my ISP provides. So I am happy camper here.

Also the additional features, safe surfing, etc. are all great. The fact that I am not forced into a subscription model was one of THE factors making me buy Asus ET9s.

So far so good, now for the problems:

Wifi6E is supposedly broadcasted all the time (according to web UI and app), yet it is received only occasionally through my new Asus ZenBook and very briefly only through my Pixel 6 phone - right after resetting the network connections.

I have to add my Asus ZenBook started to receive 6E only after I upgraded the driver for my Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz adapter to the latest WIFI7 driver 23.80.1.3

Currently I receive on 6 GHz on channel 197.

Any ideas, why 6E disappears sometimes?

FWIW, I would assume either the router 6.0 radio stops broadcasting, or broadcasts a signal that the client does not support/is unable to 'see'. And troubleshoot from there. Installing latest firmware from scratch would be a likely first step... new firmware is what this thread is about.

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!