What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.14 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RMerlin Hi, sorry for the tag. Do you know if there's a way to enable flow control with Merlin fw on routers? Is there a command code to enable it? On ASUS ROG GT-AX6000 (which I'm using right now) it's enabled by default, but not on the others (for example on GT-AXE16000).
Read the first post before posting to a thread...

Please keep discussions on the topic of this specific beta release.

386.14-beta 2 is now available, mainly to fix the httpd and AiMesh config sync certificate generation issues of beta 1.

Code:
91a4ba0add Bumped version to beta 2
652db4cbc7 Revert "httpd: skip extra validation when setting filter_lwlist nvram"
1ec9405253 Updated documentation
889271e138 wps: add missing Makefile for SDK6 platform
185afb979e cfg_mnt: fix location of openssl.cnf; revert to upstream version of the gencert script
8534aa738d rom: update openssl.cnf with GPL changes, and move to /etc/

Last edited:
Performed dirty upgrade on my RT-AC5300 from 386.13 to 386.14 Beta 2 and have been running without issues for just over a day.

Performed dirty upgrade on my RT-AC5300 from 386.13 to 386.14 Beta 2 and have been running without issues for just over a day.
Same here...running like a top!

Upgrade from stock went smoothly to Beta 2. Noticed the Pop-Up EULA and Privacy notice. Also the Security Upgrade feature on firmware page.

Working without issues on my RT-AC86U ... save for the expected problems with webui add-ons provided by @Jack Yaz such as Diversion Stats and Scribe UI as well as Skynet webui page from @Adamm. - Can't scroll up or down the page - scroll bar vanishes.

I don't expect those to be sorted by the affected authors before final release version.

Most importantly - the new Asus provided GPL rides well on this router 👍.
Many thanks again - for sticking with these soon to be "legacy" routers for 2024.
OK - so here's the offending bit of html code that has crept into the beta webui for add-on pages only [user1.asp user2.asp etc].
I am not a coder so have no clue how it has arisen - but in 386.13.2 it does not arise - only in 386.14.? so far ...

386-14-b2-webui-error.png

Hopefully @thelonelycoder whose webui page is one of several affected by the same "quirk" can provide a fix?
It is impossible to scroll through the length of the webpage with this element in place - remove it and the scrollbar functionality returns.

In every other respect the beta 2 works fine for me on RT-AC86U.

Thank you RMerlin for the continued support, and to the more adventurous testers who went first.

Dirty upgrade to 386.14_beta2.
Running since 6 hours and nothing to report. (Asus asked me to accept a few things. I accepted everything.)
Very simple setup (AC86U, no plugins, (1 AiMesh node that is currently not powered on (even before the upgrade)).

Thanks again

UPDATE: Now running for 15 hours. All good.

Last edited:
given the silence with regard to snags/bugs, I'd expect a release in the next few days...

I think I speak on behalf of most of us, when I say: We're not in a hurry. The current firmware runs fine, and if this firmware is going to be the last, the important thing is that it's bug free.
I personally plan to run this FOR YEARS - nothing can kill my old RT-AC68U.
So @Merlin: Just take your time, we will just wait until you're ready.

Believe it or not, I'm not usually in a hurry either...but I see the writing on the wall about our AC-class devices

(fooled around with an AC68 in AiMesh but it died)
I bet you didn't have a cooling fan. When my device was about a year old, I drilled a 40 mm hole in the back and mounted a 40 mm usb powered fan. Now cpu temperature is max 65 degrees (and less than 60 degrees most of the time). I think it can run forever.

I bet you didn't have a cooling fan. When my device was about a year old, I drilled a 40 mm hole in the back and mounted a 40 mm usb powered fan. Now cpu temperature is max 65 degrees (and less than 60 degrees most of the time). I think it can run forever.
correct, it did not.

I wish you luck with your machine. I'll wager your wireless clients will demand more than it can provide sooner than later, but if you're waiting for wifi7 to spread and settle, you're doing the right thing.

Thanks for the continued updates for AC68U's.

I updated 7/18/2024 with RT-AC68U_386.14_beta2, My setup has been up for 2 days with no major issues.

The only thing in the system logs on the AP's in the normal wireless renewals.

386.14 final has now been released, locking this thread.

Thank you to those who participated in this beta cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.