What's new

AX 86U Pro - possibility to have a specific wan without VPN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nicolas-O

New Around Here
Evening everyone,

I've installed AStrill VPN inside the router and I'm wondering if it is possible to have one wifi network going through the VPN, and another one not through the VPN?
For some applications and/or website I've to be local and therefore each timeI've to disconnect my wifi, and I'm losing good quality network.

Thx

Nicolas

I don't use Astrill or have any familiarity with it, but the following would suggest that it can.

Not quite sure how they do it considering ALL the wireless network interfaces (i.e., SSIDs) are typically bridged to the same network interface (e.g., br0). When that's the case, you typically have to remove any SSID you wish to treat differently (in this case, for routing purposes) from the bridge, which leads to other changes (e.g., now that removed SSID typically has its own separate IP network).

I'd be willing to dig deeper if only out of my own curiosity, but NOT for $30 a month!

The price is higher because it's a popular choice in a country with tight Internet access restrictions.

Evening Eibgrad

Thanks a lot for your message.
After understanding the concept it is pretty easy to create a dedicated wifi excluded from VPN, same thing for LAN connexion.

Thx

Nicolas

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!