What's new

AX86U Pro: browser access to Router Admin GUI hangs forever periodically (no access)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

energicc

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

Just bought a brand new AX86U Pro. WiFi seems working perfectly.

However, there is one major issue: access to the Admin GUI hangs periodically, and the only solution seems to be rebooting

Current firmware: Stock 3.0.0.6.102_34314

Symptom:
No access to either 192.168.50.1 or http://www.asusrouter.com. (browser access hangs forever)

Workaround:
Reboot Router.

Tried other solutions (all failed):
1. Solution 1(failed) SSH to Router, run: service restart_httpd
2. Solution 2(failed): reset to factory default.
3. Solution 3(failed hard reset): it seems like Method2 (Link) didn't work fully on this router. At step 4 where it says "Release the WPS button after the power light is off.", in my case, the power light turned off then it automatically starts other lights. In other words, it seems the router never completely turns off at this step.

Can someone please provide any suggestions? I am thinking of returning this router if nothing works out

Many thanks.

Take or send it back for a replacement. Might be hardware related. Then again, I have had some weird issues since the last firmware upgrade. Planning to flash Merlin tomorrow when I have a few minutes when the girls are not shopping on line.

2. Solution 2(failed): reset to factory default.
3. Solution 3(failed hard reset): it seems like Method2 (Link) didn't work fully on this router. At step 4 where it says "Release the WPS button after the power light is off.", in my case, the power light turned off then it automatically starts other lights. In other words, it seems the router never completely turns off at this step.
When you reset the router what happens when you first try to access the router after the reset? Does it load the Quick Internet Setup (QiS) page? Or does it load some other page?

It loads QiS page all the times after reset (I tried several times). Thanks

Maybe the webUI access issue is related to something else you do with your network/configuration, not the router(?).

OE

It loads QiS page all the times after reset (I tried several times). Thanks
If you can SSH into the router when the router GUI hangs, try running top command (and its command line switches) to see what is running and consuming processor and RAM usage to see if that gives you a clue to the cause.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!