What's new

AX86U Pro - VPN impossible to change the server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nicolas-O

New Around Here
Hey There

I've recently purchased the AX86u pro and installed the latest Merlin firmware in order to able to use my VPN (astrill).
Everything was working fine up to yesterday when I wanted to change the server. Now all buttons are not activated (see screenshot) and when I want to change the server in the menu, there is a small message at the bottom the page saying "Run script 'void(0)'
I've rebooted the router but change nothing.

Any idea what could the reason of that?

Thx

Nicolas

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 19.21.02.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 19.21.02.png
    87 KB · Views: 16
I've recently purchased the AX86u pro and installed the latest Merlin firmware in order to able to use my VPN (astrill).
Just to confirm. You downloaded the Asus-Merlin firmware that was installed to your router from the Asus-Merlin.net website. Correct?

Have you tried a different web browser?
Have you tried using a different local network computer?
As a troubleshooting step, disable any browser addon's or extensions.
Did you install any addon scripts to the Asus-Merlin firmware? If so which one's?
Did you make other changes to the router using SSH?

Last edited:
Hey Bennor

Thanks for your reply

1.Correct, latest firmware from official website
2. yes, just tested (Safari & Chrome) same issue
3. Yes, tested thru Mac & windows
4. no browser add-on installed
5. no add-on installed with Merlin
6. SSH used only to install Merlin firmware. I've checked, SSH is now disable. I also activated & tested again, same issue

Nicolas

When you upgraded the firmware from OEM to Merlin, did you do a factory reset afterwards, then *manually* reconfigure the router from scratch? Dirty upgrades can cause all kinds of weird problems. Esp. when moving OEM to third-party firmware.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!