What's new

Bad Asus Customer Service

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tikiman1

Occasional Visitor
So I've had an Asus RT-AC66R router for almost 2 years. It had never worked properly. It had the degrading 5Ghz issue. I bought a Netgear R7000 to replace it & waited for almost a year for firmware that would restore functionality to the AC66R. It never happened. I RMA'd it and received a refurbished unit. When I got around to setting it up, it lasted all of 1 day before it had a complete hardware failure. It shut down & refused to power up; I even tried a different power supply. Asus refuses to provide a shipping label for their incompetence.

Asus seems to be becoming one of the bad companies to deal with. Out of the last 4 Asus products that I have bought, 3 of them have been defective.

I think you are in bad luck, ASUS products normally are very good quality in hardware components, specially nowdays, i never had any issue with ASUS routers so far myself but i know that old models had problems with bad caps poppin up.

RMA it again, im sure you will not have problems this time, don't think things will be wrong again, otherwise someone can "hear" you :)

Good luck

So I've had an Asus RT-AC66R router for almost 2 years. It had never worked properly. It had the degrading 5Ghz issue. I bought a Netgear R7000 to replace it & waited for almost a year for firmware that would restore functionality to the AC66R. It never happened. I RMA'd it and received a refurbished unit. When I got around to setting it up, it lasted all of 1 day before it had a complete hardware failure. It shut down & refused to power up; I even tried a different power supply. Asus refuses to provide a shipping label for their incompetence.

Asus seems to be becoming one of the bad companies to deal with. Out of the last 4 Asus products that I have bought, 3 of them have been defective.

Too bad you've not had a good experience. I have two AC66's (U's not R's but they are identical), using one as a router and the other as a repeater, and I couldn't be happier.

As Hggomes said, RMA it again. It's still under warranty if you just got it back and it just failed. If there's a problem with the unit, they'll fix it. Just be sure that the issue isn't one that's on your end (bad power lines or surges?).

What other products from Asus have you had issues with? Just curious because I have probably a dozen Asus products (including various laptops built by other manufacturers such as HP that use Asus motherboards and other internals), and have literally never had any issues with anything I have bought that has the Asus name on the outside or inside of the box.

I have no idea what "degrading 5ghz issue" you refer to. I've never had any problems with 5ghz performance.

I would just like to know why Asus thinks that I should pay for shipping when it is obviously their fault. I'm not the one who shipped an untested, faulty replacement to their customer. I guess it's time to call the B.B.B.

I would just like to know why Asus thinks that I should pay for shipping when it is obviously their fault.

Almost every single companies that manufactures home devices work that way. You pay for shipping to them, they pay for shipping it back. It's the same way when at work I have to RMA back hard disks or SSDs to WD, Seagate, OCZ, Samsung... Asus isn't doing anything different there.

The only exception I've encountered in recent years was HP, who would ship me the replacement, along with a label to return the defective part back. Note that this was for a 1500$ laptop, not a 300$ router. Different profit margin.

Thats true, its a Amazon own politic, i must say very good reason to buy it there, you can buy it on any country and send it back without paying a single cent.

Thats true, its a Amazon own politic, i must say very good reason to buy it there, you can buy it on any country and send it back without paying a single cent.
Yeah, but they also still allow counterfit goods, so you may need that free shipping.

Apple also has good customer service and pay for returns too.

For every other company its the customer that pays for return postage but they also will pay to ship the new part back to you. When dealing with ASUS its always better to go for someone higher up as they tend to respond quicker and get things done much faster.

Not sure about credit card protection but within 30 or 60 days you could just do a chargeback on the card for a faulty product so you don't have to come up a single cent for shipping or anything.

Apple also has good customer service and pay for returns too.

For every other company its the customer that pays for return postage but they also will pay to ship the new part back to you. When dealing with ASUS its always better to go for someone higher up as they tend to respond quicker and get things done much faster.

Howdy,
Yep, I will sell you a ASUS RT-AC66R for $600 dollars. I will then send you a pre-paid label to ship it back too.

It all comes down to money. Apple employees on the iPhone line can't even buy the product they make. Since a iPhone supposedly cost about $22.00 to make. :p lemmings....:eek: