What's new

BE98 Hardware Ver

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jixiangyuan

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys, I just got myself another BE98, and the HW version on the new one is 2.0, which is newer than my previous BE98 (HW Version 1.0). What difference does this make?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501_225339_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20240501_225339_Photos.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20240501_225325_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20240501_225325_Photos.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi guys, I just got myself another BE98, and the HW version on the new one is 2.0, which is newer than my previous BE98 (HW Version 1.0). What difference does this make?
Nothing major (could be simply to save $):

Usually a minor hardware revision means changes to things like the DRAM or NAND flash, bigger hardware revisions means either some design improvements or as pointed out above, cost down. It's impossible to know without opening up the devices to compare the internals.
That said, Asus would have to file an update with the FCC if any changes to the PCB were made.

Usually a minor hardware revision means changes to things like the DRAM or NAND flash, bigger hardware revisions means either some design improvements or as pointed out above, cost down. It's impossible to know without opening up the devices to compare the internals.
That said, Asus would have to file an update with the FCC if any changes to the PCB were made.
Thank you. Are we able to learn about the changes through the FCC’s official website?
I got the NVRAM files for both routers, and there are quite a few differences.

Thank you. Are we able to learn about the changes through the FCC’s official website?
I got the NVRAM files for both routers, and there are quite a few differences.
The company has to file the changes, but I can only find a GT-BE98 Pro listed in the FCC database.
It appears to still be under short term confidentiality, so there are no PCB shots.
Asus did file a Class II change letter those, as the company has added zero wait for DFS via a software update.
Outside of that, I can't find any obvious changes.