What's new

Best AC router in terms of stable open firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And I think we are still a driving force, pushing manufacturers forward. Some manufacturers wouldn't be there without some of us

dont get me wrong i dont even consider your slant on asus fw as 3rd party its more like you are asus advanced coding team lol , and i do agree you enhance what is the stock asus fw a great deal

but the likes of dd wrt i just dont see the effort and progress like there used to be in the glory days of the wrt54GL etc and like i said its prob because the routers are so much better these days and the qos works better that there is little apparent difference in what can be achieved by moving to dd wrt or even openwrt

and to the original title and post we will always get those that want to use 3rd party no matter what , but these days its much less of a consideration

Last edited:
Not aware of any "lock out" using 3rd party FW such as from the team at myopenrouter...

Thanks. That means both Asus and Netgear routers remain two brands with good alternative firmware support despite the new FCC rules that will come in effect in June.