What's new

Best performance in 5Ghz wifi for a Tablet xperia Z4 with remote play in PS4, I doubt of my AC87U!!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Calibra3

New Around Here
Hello friends.
I am Enrique from Spain.

I have a problem.
I have bought a Asus RT-AC87U with the firmware 3.0.0.4.378_5134 that it is the last official firmware and I have installed at the moment as a access point because I have another router with 4G LTE connection , and I have issues with the tablet in 5ghz when I connect it with the PS4 ( connected to the Asus router with cat6 cable) because when use the remote play that consist in stream the game via wireless to the tablet , the image quality is very poor and I have freeze, and disconnect warnings.

The tablet have one day and have the lastest firmware, it is clean and I have test at 2 meters of the router. The tablet has wifi AC ( MU-MIMO, it is a feature of the snapdragon S810) and connect over 800mbps. And I think that the problem it is in the router, because I have read that this router it is very bad with little devices as tablets and phones in this forum.

The router have the wifi 5ghz configuration in default. 80mhz bandwitch , auto-channel, beamforming off....
Sony recommend for full quality stream de 5ghz band, because the 2.4ghz, it is not enought. I have test the 2.4ghz and run better , but not really flawless.

Please can you tell me if I have any setup wrong? or definitely this monster of router it is really bad in 5ghz with devices.

I can return it and buy another that has more powerfull and rock solid in 5ghz with broadcom chipset if this option it is better, but can any recommend me one?

In the past I had a RT-AC66U, without problems, but I sell it when no need.
Please tell me if I have to try any config ( as put the Asus as router and not AP) or something... or change it for another router with broadcom and not Qualcomm with Quantenna

Any AC1900 , AC2500???? the AC3200 not, because it is more expensive and I read that asus have problems with it.

Please help me.

Don't use Auto for the channel, test each one.

Better yet, simply return this for the RT-AC68U instead.

Please can any tell me what parameters I have to enable or disable in wifi section (5Ghz) for have low ping and streaming video.
Whe I do ping from my PC(ethernet) to the Xperia Z4 tablet that it is the only device in 5Ghz wifi, I have 80ms-400ms and I think that it's not normal. For this, can any tell me what parameters I have to enable or disable in the professional tab in wireless settings.

I have selected the channel 36 . I have search more 5ghz wifi signal , and I am alone. I select 80mhz and WPA2-Personal key.
in professional settings I have enable Beamforming .
But I don't know if I have to disable :
B/g protection
Xbox compatibility
IGMP Snooping.
WMM

I want the most efective streaming from the wired ps4 to the xperia z4.

Please help

Disable Beamforming.

Also try disabling Location Services on your tablet. This was a well known issue causing intermittent lag whilst using PS remote play. (I noticed this when testing it on my Z3)

Also try disabling Location Services on your tablet. This was a well known issue causing intermittent lag whilst using PS remote play. (I noticed this when testing it on my Z3)

I did it the first day.
I am testing the RT-AC87U and at the momment I have good quality in image.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online